tax returns

Old Mar 19th 2002, 7:36 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tax returns

We may have a slight problem here. My husband doesnt remember(he suffers a bit through poor memory due to a few accidents he has had)if leading up to the K1 if he actually filed them. He does remember filling out the paperwork for them but cant actually remember filing them. If he hadnt at the time of filing the K1 wouldnt the petition the approval and the outcome of the interview been denied?

If he didnt then we can back file them with this years i think cant we?

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2002, 2:05 pm
Newyorker

Default Re: tax returns

K [email protected] Date: 3/19/02 4:03 PM Eastern wrote:

>We may have a slight problem here. My husband doesnt remember(he suffers a bit
    >through poor memory due to a few accidents he has had)if leading up to the K1 if he
    >actually filed them. He does remember filling out the paperwork for them but cant
    >actually remember filing them. If he hadnt at the time of filing the K1 wouldnt the
    >petition the approval and the outcome of the interview been denied?
    >
    >If he didnt then we can back file them with this years i think cant we?

Tax returns are not typically required to obtain the K1 visa, so quite possibly they
have not been filed.

Have him contact the IRS, they will tell him immediately what years are missing and
send him the proper paperwork for any missing years.

http://www.irs.gov/contact/display/0...D16548,00.html

I believe they are mailed back to a different address so do not mail together.

He should also contact his state taxation department at the same time to see what
needs to be filed, as well there may be information that he will need from those
figures for the Federal.

Regards, NewYorker

All advice given is personal, not professional. If you need professional immigration
assistance, please consult a lawyer.

http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm