Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tax rebate question

Tax rebate question

Old May 22nd 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax rebate question

Boring subject sorry! So we got our tax refund.. but they haven't given us the full amount because I didn't have my SSN and the fella at HR Block just put 'applied for'.. He put ITIN for the kids. Anyway my SSN should be through soon, can we re-submit? Do we have to wait til we are doing next years taxes - or is that it.. we can kiss good bye to the money??
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:22 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tax rebate question

Originally Posted by sambapink
Boring subject sorry! So we got our tax refund.. but they haven't given us the full amount because I didn't have my SSN and the fella at HR Block just put 'applied for'.. He put ITIN for the kids. Anyway my SSN should be through soon, can we re-submit? Do we have to wait til we are doing next years taxes - or is that it.. we can kiss good bye to the money??
Someone correct me if you've heard otherwise, but I think that's it. It was a one shot deal.
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
Someone correct me if you've heard otherwise, but I think that's it. It was a one shot deal.
I was under the impression you can always do an amended tax return.

Rene
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Someone correct her quick!!
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
I'll take a trip back to HR Block.. see what they say.. Thank you
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:59 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

I hope Noorah is right about the amended return. That would be great!
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope Noorah is right about the amended return. That would be great!
Yeah.. we got about $1500 less than we should Although got a nice letter from Inland Revenue in the UK yesterday.. so that eases the blow
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah you can get it back same thing happened to me the first year over here...no SSN we did not know you could apply till a few years later.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britvic
Yeah you can get it back same thing happened to me the first year over here...no SSN we did not know you could apply till a few years later.
Ah thanks Vic.. we'll definately try for it!
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene

Yes, you can do an amended return. You have several years in which to do so.