Reload this Page >

Tax & INS forms & the latest call to the INS

Tax & INS forms & the latest call to the INS

Old Apr 29th 2002, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

TJW & ACW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax & INS forms & the latest call to the INS

Just a quick question,

I've seen a couple people talk about a IRS form that shows your tax history for five years (I think it was five years) all on one or two pages. Does anyone have the form/publication number for that form? I'm thinking it was 7??? something but I can't recall correctly. I had the post with the form name saved on my HD; unfortunately the computer crashed last night and we lost everything that wasn't backed-up...surprise, surprise, the INS info I had wasn't...lesson learned I suppose.

Second thing: When they sent my wife's INS packet they sent along a worksheet titled "I-181 Worksheet". Okay, what the devil is this form for? I called the National Service Center and they said they can't find it on their list anywhere. The agent even transferred me to a couple of different departments and they didn't have a clue as to where that form came from...weird.

And while we're on the topic, remember I posted a couple days ago that the form had bounced back to us, checks uncashed? Well, as we reviewd more and more of the forms, we've found all sorts of notations and goverment stamps on the forms. Even a spot where someone whited-out what we had typed in then hand written in the same answer next to the whited out spot...again, weird. The INS agent I talked to can't figure out what Memphis is up to. She says that if the forms were written on and stamped, that means, obviously, that an agent was in the processing them and should have just sent a letter telling us we needed to go ahead with the physical and not sent the whole package back. She even went as far as to say that before they put the first stamp on there the checks for the fees should have been cashed. She suggested that we void the uncashed fee checks, write out new ones, photo copy the old ones, ,copy the "altered" forms, mail them back to the INS, as is, with the medical packet, and enclose a letter explaining that the forms were returned to us in that condition, as well as enclosing photocopies of our proof of mailings and proof of signature from the USPS to show that we did, indeed, ,get the forms to the Memphis office in time. She doesn't understand why Memphis told people 18 months on the AOS processing, cause, according to the last timeline they had, Memphis is suppose to be processing interviews in 10 months, not 18.

As I say, weird. I don't thin that Memphis has a clue as to what is going on. That, or our packet was opened by someone that doesn't know what they're doing.