Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tax Help (stressed out)

Tax Help (stressed out)

Old Apr 8th 2019, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

dee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Help (stressed out)

I am just trying to confirm for sure that it should not be a trust for IRS tax purposes. I am petrified at the thought of getting this wrong for taxes I want to ensure that I have everything correct.

They are real I went to their office today, I prefer not to disclose their information on the forum.

Old Apr 9th 2019, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dee98
I am just trying to confirm for sure that it should not be a trust for IRS tax purposes. I am petrified at the thought of getting this wrong for taxes I want to ensure that I have everything correct.

They are real I went to their office today, I prefer not to disclose their information on the forum.

On seconds thoughts, I now do think that it is a trust.
Gonna be a ton of paperwork in your future.

I guess this 'CPA' wishes to remain secret
And I guess you prefer not to assist others who may need an international tax expert?

(I see on uk-yankee you've also been provided with similar excellent advice and have chosen to ignore it.)

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 9th 2019 at 12:21 am.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

dee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond reputedee98 has a reputation beyond repute

You do?

I do not feel the CPA would be beneficial as I'm doing more research he was more specialized in Mergers and international business though said he did help expats before. I will happily assist anyone with questions I can answer about immigration but for taxes I am not knowledgeable.

Apologies, I was unaware that there were new replies on there since my last post, I will check it out

Last edited by dee98; Apr 9th 2019 at 1:16 am.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I do not feel the CPA would be beneficial as I'm doing more research he was more specialized in Mergers and international business...
Riiight...
Old Apr 9th 2019, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Riiight...
Im sorry I can provide some usesful sites I have found such as Greenback Expat Services and IRS Medic. I will revert to the other site as there are new posts. Do you really think it's a trust now or were you kidding.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And you could provide the name and address of the CPA you said you'd seen.
I would like to know as it's useful for my knowledge.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

How much we talking is in this pension nest egg? 7 figures?
Old Apr 9th 2019, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tom169
How much we talking is in this pension nest egg? 7 figures?
70 quid...
Ex-Tesco

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 9th 2019 at 4:07 am.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 4:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

And you could provide the name and address of the CPA you said you'd seen.
I would like to know as it's useful for my knowledge.
Not sure why you keep asking the OP for this information. I realise that you've spent some time trying to help the OP, but what they choose to tell you is really up to them.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I keep asking as I would like to know who this CPA is, with extensive international experience.
The information would be useful. I'm interested. Why on earth decline?

And I stated that there's no obligation. I can ask though.

However a bit weird to not be cooperative after all the effort to help him. And yes I have tried to help, I have spent hours researching.

Just doesn't seem credible. Looks like the guy is a troll operating on both sites.

Last edited by Hotscot; Apr 9th 2019 at 4:37 am.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

70 quid...
Ex-Tesco
I would hope IRS has bigger fish to fry.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Hotscot,

I am not a troll I just want to ensure that I have everything correct moving forward for taxes. As I mentioned previously I suffer from anxiety, I do appreciate all the help you have provided it has been very kind and appreciated.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Hotscot,

I am not a troll I just want to ensure that I have everything correct moving forward for taxes. As I mentioned previously I suffer from anxiety, I do appreciate all the help you have provided it has been very kind and appreciated.

But Dee...you have more than one thread on this site, and a thread on another site, asking the same questions repeatedly.
And then you simply ignore the answers/advice.
And then you say you hired the services of a CPA with extensive international tax experience but flatly refuse to provide the forum any information on that discussion. (If indeed it actually took place.)

Therefore you're just wasting peoples time.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Hotscot,

I am not ignoring the advice of others I am just ensuring I have all correct. I did find another topic on a different forum where users discussed the NEST pension schemes (auto-enrol work pensions) when they were introduced in 2012 they were intrigued as to how to report, there has not been much way in discussion other than that about this specific pension type.

I did not hire a CPA me and my wife met and had a short free consultation though I do not feel they understand UK pension schemes as all the expats do. They mentioned all pensions are trusts which I know is not true and had us both questioning the expertise given. We feel it would be appropriate to file an extension and see how other expats have handled this type of pension scheme.

I am genuinely not intending to waste anyone's time I sincerely thank you and anyone who has responded to my posts.
post.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good luck finding the 'acceptable' answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.