Tax Filing

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nice
Exclamation Tax Filing

MY husband works here in the USA and has a SSN. Me and my 18 month son are here under his visa and have been told that we are not able to have a SSN or a tax identification number. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what happened when it came time to file the tax returns.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Filing

Originally Posted by cosmicgirl
MY husband works here in the USA and has a SSN. Me and my 18 month son are here under his visa and have been told that we are not able to have a SSN or a tax identification number. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what happened when it came time to file the tax returns.
Were you told why you can not have a tax ID number (ITIN)?
You would normally apply for that with the tax return.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nicecosmicgirl is just really nice

It was the Social security office that said i could not have one.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cosmicgirl
It was the Social security office that said i could not have one.
The Social Security Administration issues Social Security numbers. It's very possible that your visa type does not make you eligible for one of those.

ITINs (Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers) are issued by the Internal Revenue Service/IRS (the tax man) and are for people just like yourself, who need to file an income tax return but are not eligible for a Social Security Number.

Maybe you just had the terminologies mixed up. Take a look at this webpage and see about including your ITIN applications with your income tax return.
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...=96287,00.html