Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Talking about school days...

Talking about school days...

Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Talking about school days...

Has anyone checked this site out before?

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/friendsreunited.asp

You have to register to do a search... I joined last year... I was surpised at how many of my old school friends were listed... it was nice to hear what they were up too. It's worth checking out.

Ash
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on there too
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:28 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Count me in - I've been a member for several years now.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:36 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Count me in - I've been a member for several years now.

me too
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ben
me too
Me 3
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:55 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Default Re: Talking about school days...

Cool! But do you have to pay to list your own name in the school? Or am
I just being blind?

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:08 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

No, you don't have to pay to list your name, but you pay if you want to get in touch with anyone else. You can't put a contact e-mail address in your description of your life because it gets taken out. People try this to not have to pay the fees. It's only 5 GBP a year.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:11 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
Has anyone checked this site out before?

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/friendsreunited.asp

You have to register to do a search... I joined last year... I was surpised at how many of my old school friends were listed... it was nice to hear what they were up too. It's worth checking out.

Ash
Friends Reunited is a business success story since it launched a four or five? years ago. I registered back then but to be honest, I just wanted to know what my contemporaries are doing now. I have no interest in getting reaquainted with anyone I went to school with...
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just this week I phoned a friend I had not seen for about 35 years I contacted thru that site ...We had a brilliant discussion for a few hours about the good old days...
Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:20 pm
Brit'n'TX

I registered 3 or 4 years back - have been in contact with quite a few old schoolfriends and people I worked with. It's been fun finding out what they are doing now, how many marriages they've been through (!!!) and just catching up and seeing how accurate our memories of those "best days of our lives" are ...

very tempting to tell some of the others on there just what dickheads they were back then!

Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Yep!..great website,got lots of emails from friends I hadn't heard of in 30 odd years!.....including one of the guys from school who also lives over here,in South Carolina,and his wife who went to one of the 'rival' schools just across the road from ours,we all chatted several times on the phone and keep in touch with email...also discovered the girl who was my best friend at school was living over here,in N.California, the same time as me,neither of us knew!......I was quite surprised to see how many actually stayed in Swindon,so many had promised they were going move away as soon as possible....yet there was me and Yan(in S.Carolina)who'd always promised ourselves we'd move back someday!!!.....to quote my Mum...'what a small world!!!'

Sophia
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:26 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I got an e-mail from a girl I took the train with named Cindy today.

She was living in Texas but just moved back home. It was lovely to here from someone tho!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:49 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

That's a cool site. I registered with them just after they first started and it's grown and grown.

I went through a spell of getting e-mails from some old friends and we keep in touch.

One guy I hadn't seen since I was six years old e-mailed me to ask how I was doing.

It's a great idea and it's paid off.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:29 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on there for a few years. Paid for the first year, contacted a few long-lost mates, then let it lapse. Living in the States is certainly a conversation starter
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

good site... one friend I found on there... was a 4 foot skinny runt last time I saw him (we were about 12) he's now a 6ft Mr Universe competitor, a model and a fireman in his spare time... wow how things change.

sooo many friends on there tho... and at 5GBP you can't go wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.