Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Takings Pets to the US

Takings Pets to the US

Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Takings Pets to the US

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Assuming you're talking about transAtlantic, I think you meant Delta and United.

One (or both) of us should really get around to starting up a wiki entry on this...
omg ive just realised my mistake on this and another thread (i better go change that)

I always flew AA until i needed to fly the kitty and then indeed it was United i flew with silly me!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:24 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
I always flew AA until i needed to fly the kitty and then indeed it was United i flew with silly me!
Heh! I always flew AA too, and likewise switched for the kitten.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Heh! I always flew AA too, and likewise switched for the kitten.
lol im so glad im not the only one! (btw we adopted two kittens now - the boy i brought over loves his two baby sisters!)
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:42 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there- I'm going to be taking my cat to the USA with me soon and have been looking around at pet export agencies, so far the one I like the most is Animal Airlines, has anyone had any experience with them?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Meryl
Hi there- I'm going to be taking my cat to the USA with me soon and have been looking around at pet export agencies, so far the one I like the most is Animal Airlines, has anyone had any experience with them?
No experience - but I (and lots of others on here) just flew them with us in the hold of the plane. If that's an option for you it's way cheaper - not sure of current going rate but probably under $100
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

An Update: My husband heard two days ago that the company have spoken to lawyers and will be getting a job offer letter out to him very soon. OMG

We don't know what the salary is yet though, not even ball park, so that could be a spanner in the works.

We are taking the cats to get their rabies jabs today anyway, just in case.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts

We don't know what the salary is yet though, not even ball park, so that could be a spanner in the works.
You need to know that WHOLE package. Salary is only a tiny component

A search on here for terms like "relocation package" will give you ideas about what he'll need to ask for and/or clarify.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
You need to know that WHOLE package. Salary is only a tiny component

A search on here for terms like "relocation package" will give you ideas about what he'll need to ask for and/or clarify.
Okey dokes, will do. Medical insurance was probably the thing I was mainly worried about beyond salary.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Okey dokes, will do. Medical insurance was probably the thing I was mainly worried about beyond salary.
Aye, medical for family is the main concern, repatriation should be another high concern if things don't work out for whatever reason.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

chrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nicechrisann is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meryl
Good luck with the move over to California - its a great place!! However I hope you dont have the same problem we have.

We have a very large German Shepherd in England and have found that in the Bay area it is very hard, almost impossible, to rent when you have 120 pounds of this type of dog!!! so hes still in the UK with family - but the problem is resolving itself as we are going back early next year about 2 years after arriving.

So I hope your pet problem is a small one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The snakes eat all the cats .....
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Not this cat...

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

AnotherLimey used to have that as his avatar.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
AnotherLimey used to have that as his avatar.
I knew I'd seen it somewhere before.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
'round here, it's the coyotes that do the eating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.