Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Taking out UK Loan Before Moving to US

Taking out UK Loan Before Moving to US

Old Oct 5th 2014, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking out UK Loan Before Moving to US

Originally Posted by davejenk477 View Post
Thanks for all your comments, I'll give it some thought. I appreciate that sending payments back to the UK could be a pain, but I'm going to have to do so anyway to make my student loan payments.
Look at Xe.com for making transfers. Other forex companies are available.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 6:39 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

You can get fixed exchange rates with the forex companies. In France, many people I knew lived in France but worked or got paid in the uk and their best bet was to fix the exchange rate for the next 6 months or year so they knew what they would be living on. I like worldfirst and I think you can set up regular transfers. They don't cost much and the exchange rate is good, much better and faster than the banks.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

unique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond reputeunique_boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davejenk477 View Post
I was just thinking about a personal loan. The bank wouldn't know that I was moving away, and as long as they got their payment every month would they ever know or care?
I don't think they would know if it was paid, these days you can get your personal loan in a matter of minutes through online banking. I looked at it myself but the terms of the agreement is that you will be in the UK.

I am not sure of what the consequences would be if they found out.