British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Taking the family too (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/taking-family-too-752640/)

londonbaby Mar 24th 2012 6:45 pm

Taking the family too

Hi all,
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! I am in the process of getting my spouse visa/green card as my husband is American and we live in the UK with our dual national son. We plan to move to the states but my parents want to move with us which is what we all want. They will want to work for ten more years before retiring. I was just wondering the best route to take to get them to the states. My mum has NVQ'S in and qualifications in training others in first aid etc etc. My father formerly in the forces for 20 years and is a licensee of a pub. Other than my husbands family we do not have family in the states. They intend to sell everything before we go which will mean they will have something like $400,000 to take. My mum would even consider training as a nurse. We all want to move across at the same time too. We have family that will sponsor them but my parents do want to work. I just wonder if anyone has experienced this at all and or have advise?

many Thanks

Jerseygirl Mar 24th 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Taking the family too

Originally Posted by londonbaby (Post 9970388)
Hi all,
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! I am in the process of getting my spouse visa/green card as my husband is American and we live in the UK with our dual national son. We plan to move to the states but my parents want to move with us which is what we all want. They will want to work for ten more years before retiring. I was just wondering the best route to take to get Ithem to the states. My mum has NVQ'S in and qualifications in training others in first aid etc etc. My father formerly in the forces for 20 years and is a licensee of a pub. Other than my husbands family we do not have family in the states. They intend to sell everything before we go which will mean they will have something like $400,000 to take. My mum would even consider training as a nurse. We all want to move across at the same time too. We have family that will sponsor them but my parents do want to work. I just wonder if anyone has experienced this at all and or have advise?

many Thanks

Welcome to BE.

I rather get the impression that getting your parents to the US is going to be harder than you think.

I have no idea if your husband could sponsor them or whether they will have to wait until you are a USC...then I have no idea how long sponsorship will take. I don't think your husband's family will be able to sponsor them. I suggest you post in the US Immgration Forum...the regulars in that forum will be able to help you.

When they do eventually move to the US they will probably find it very difficult to find jobs. Also unless they get jobs with full healthcare insurance....healthcare will be their biggest nightmare. :eek:

Noorah101 Mar 24th 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Taking the family too

I answered in her other thread, posted in the correct US Immigration forum.

This thread can be closed.

Rene