Reload this Page >

taking electrical and electronic goods in the uSA

Wikiposts

taking electrical and electronic goods in the uSA

Old Sep 29th 2021, 3:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat085 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: taking electrical and electronic goods in the uSA

all of these replies seem to be typical British attitudes nothing has changed in the 25 years since i wrote the last information on this subject which was in answer to the very questions regarding the taking of electrical and electronic goods to the us and what needs to be done i still find this narrow minded view very hard to accept as i only have tried to help those that want to take there items with them as i did and it has worked for me and many others over the years so i guess i was wrong once again to offer any kind of help to my fellow countryman i do not know why i keep wasting my time on these forums as they are all the same nobody seem prepared to help anyone till anther person step in then the can criticize and dispute the original writers credibility.
so with that off my chest i will not return so have at it .

Last edited by scrubbedexpat085; Sep 29th 2021 at 4:03 am.
Old Sep 29th 2021, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookie
Excellent!
Old Sep 29th 2021, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Winston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond reputeWinston_the_Great_Dane has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookie
all of these replies seem to be typical British attitudes nothing has changed in the 25 years since i wrote the last information on this subject which was in answer to the very questions regarding the taking of electrical and electronic goods to the us and what needs to be done i still find this narrow minded view very hard to accept as i only have tried to help those that want to take there items with them as i did and it has worked for me and many others over the years so i guess i was wrong once again to offer any kind of help to my fellow countryman i do not know why i keep wasting my time on these forums as they are all the same nobody seem prepared to help anyone till anther person step in then the can criticize and dispute the original writers credibility.
Honestly, selling some electrics and re-buying was a relatively minor inconvenience and cost of the move. I cannot imagine trying to have a UK washer/dryer repaired here - just not worth the agro. Consumer goods have come down in cost so much and have much shorter life cycles it's simply not worth the hassle. I've done X2 transatlantic moves and I'd still make the same decision.

Your info could be useful to someone who is bringing something 240v across that is sentimental, but limited benefit for most.