British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   ""Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts ..." (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/take-me-out-ball-game-take-me-out-crowd-buy-me-some-peanuts-370377/)

User Name Apr 28th 2006 2:40 pm

""Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts ..."

Anyone into American baseball?

Any great baseball moments that you will cherish and pass onto your great great great grand kids?

... if so, keep them to yourself. Seriously ... what does American baseball mean to you?

I think it is a great team game. Go WHITE SOX.

Manc Apr 28th 2006 2:42 pm

Re: ""Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts ..."

Originally Posted by User Name

yeah.
Went to watch the Detroit Tigers get battered by Cleveland last week and have a ticket to watch the Yankee at comerica Park next month.

Angry White Pyjamas Apr 28th 2006 2:42 pm

Re: ""Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts .

The best part of baseball is when it ends.....its fucking boring. The FDA should approve its use for insomina.

Frankly I'd rather strain puke through my teeth than ever watch another baseball game.

anotherlimey Apr 28th 2006 2:44 pm

Re: ""Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts .

Any great baseball moments that you will cherish and pass onto your great great great grand kids?

... if so, keep them to yourself. Seriously ... what does American baseball mean to you?

I like going to watch them but I can't watch it on TV.

lee_in_nj Apr 28th 2006 2:46 pm

Re: ""Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts ..."

Grown men playing Rounders. What a bunch of sissies.

User Name Apr 28th 2006 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
yeah.
Went to watch the Detroit Tigers get battered by Cleveland last week and have a ticket to watch the Yankee at comerica Park next month.

You lucky bee! :D

User Name Apr 28th 2006 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
The best part of baseball is when it ends.....its fucking boring. The FDA should approve its use for insomina.

Frankly I'd rather strain puke through my teeth than ever watch another baseball game.

It's not cricket ... but I love it. Yeah. (Based on 10cc's Dreadlock Holiday).

BigDavyG Apr 28th 2006 2:57 pm

Beer, hotdogs, sunshine
Please tell me wtf is wrong with that combo

Angry White Pyjamas Apr 28th 2006 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Beer, hotdogs, sunshine

Absolutely nothing....so why spoil it by being surrounded by thousands of dickheads and being forced to watch a bunch of 'roid pumping pansies miss a ball every 5 minutes?

britvic Apr 28th 2006 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
Grown men playing Rounders. What a bunch of sissies.

And just another :zzz: so called team game over here.

User Name Apr 28th 2006 3:01 pm

Beer, hotdogs, sunshine

... and if you get invited to one of those luxury boxes ... with a back-room full of hotdogs, beer ... heaven. :) Beats being in the bleachers. :D

anotherlimey Apr 28th 2006 3:02 pm

Beer, hotdogs, sunshine

and the cheerleaders obviously....

Incidently have you been to a Schaumburg Flyers game yet? It's cheap - less then $10 if I remember correctly - but it's good entertainment for a few hours.

BigDavyG Apr 28th 2006 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
and the cheerleaders obviously....

Incidently have you been to a Schaumburg Flyers game yet? It's cheap - less then $10 if I remember correctly - but it's good entertainment for a few hours.

Nope - i've passed the 'stadium', but not seen i game.
I'd be worried about turning up and watching them with about 7 other people in the ground.

I have to say that the Cell and Wrigley both have their good points - the bleachers at wrigley are good fun, especially if i wear my sox shirt :)

Manc Apr 28th 2006 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
It's cheap - less then $10 if I remember correctly

Bleachers tickets at Detroit Tigers costs $8, as Davy says, hotdogs, beers, sunshine.......it's ace.

BigDavyG Apr 28th 2006 3:07 pm

Absolutely nothing....so why spoil it by being surrounded by thousands of dickheads and being forced to watch a bunch of 'roid pumping pansies miss a ball every 5 minutes?

I find the whole thing rather amusing to be honest, but i suppose if i had to watch the marlins every week it might get a bit tired