Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Switching from B1/B2 to H1B

Switching from B1/B2 to H1B

Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

timbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Switching from B1/B2 to H1B

I am currently in the US on B1/B2 visa and was issued a H1b document.

Does this require that I leave the US and get the visa stamped on my passport or is the transition just like the F1 to H1b visa where I am not required to leave the country and re-enter?

Thank you,

TIM
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

ask your lawyer as they should be able to answer this and it's what they are paid for.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 12:44 pm
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

As I understand it, you (or your company) should have paid consular fees, which gets the stamp in your passport, and stops you having to leave country. It also enables you to enter and leave the country while on your visa.

You should not have to leave the country to change status - as long as you remain in status.

I would check with a lawyer though - too important to get wrong.