Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

SUVs: Do any of you drive a F-150 Harley Davidson?

SUVs: Do any of you drive a F-150 Harley Davidson?

Old Oct 25th 2003, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default SUVs: Do any of you drive a F-150 Harley Davidson?

How do you rate it??
Old Oct 25th 2003, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

WolfTracker is an unknown quantity at this point

we have a 02 DSG Harley f-150
it is a pain to wax it..esp the rims and the modifications really put your wallet on a diet..but it SCREAMS with the super-charger..was goin to get a Lightning but needed 4 doors..so went for the Ford Harley Davidson..did a lot of research and joined online Ford Truck Forums...
thought our insurance would really up our premiums based on the Harley being considered a Sport Utility Truck.but they have it mark under normal F-150 Subercrew listings..so just under 169 a month which is less than our Excusion but more than our 03 Dodge Quad 1500

and we loooooooooooove it..

if you want a family truck that gets a lot of attention and 340hp power to use at will..then go for it..
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:25 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SUVs: Do any of you drive a F-150 Harley Davidson?

Originally posted by whatever
How do you rate it??
I hear that it is going, (or has gone?) out of production, .... in favor of an F250 based Harley special.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by WolfTracker
we have a 02 DSG Harley f-150
it is a pain to wax it..esp the rims and the modifications really put your wallet on a diet..but it SCREAMS with the super-charger..was goin to get a Lightning but needed 4 doors..so went for the Ford Harley Davidson..did a lot of research and joined online Ford Truck Forums...
thought our insurance would really up our premiums based on the Harley being considered a Sport Utility Truck.but they have it mark under normal F-150 Subercrew listings..so just under 169 a month which is less than our Excusion but more than our 03 Dodge Quad 1500

and we loooooooooooove it..

If you want a family truck that gets a lot of attention and 340hp power to use at will..then go for it..
Wow your insurance is much more reasonable than we were expecting! Do you use a national insurance company or is it local in Arizona?

And going by what pulaski said... does this mean that the F-150 will now become a collectors?
Old Oct 26th 2003, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

WolfTracker is an unknown quantity at this point

there has been many other suggestions regarding what 2005 will bring
i dont personally know anyone high up in ford
however lot of people i know from f150 harley forum advise there will revise the f-150 Harley Davidson in 2005
as well as the release of the GEN-III SVT Lightning
but if i had to ever go back to Australia
it be worth every cent to freight/cargo over the harley.
we are with state farm auto insurance..which they are national except maybe NY and Wisconsin
other states though pay very high permiums for the f-150 harley as they have it as a sport utility class
just happen to be lucky i guess..but i am sure they will catch on though.

if you really need more in detail infomation then you can head over to
http://www.nhtoc.com/

they know thier stuff and get's a lot of traffic..
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:15 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

David Beckham drives one of those. They are sooooo cool! I'd love a black one with black windows. Maybe one day. *sigh*
Old Oct 26th 2003, 1:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

if you want a family truck that gets a lot of attention and 340hp power to use at will..then go for it..
Of course for 2004 the Dodge Ram SRT-10. pick up with 500bhp...but dont mention fuel consuption..

But you can't beat a good Hemi..
Old Oct 27th 2003, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool info guys - thanks! My DH has fallen in love with the 150. He saw Becks driving his when he first got it and got all forlorn saying he would love to have one... (who wouldn't!)... so when he was cruising the US car sites and saw the price there opposed to here, he practically spat his coffee all over the monitor!

My old Driving instructor who's daughter lives in NY told me that there is a well known/famous place in New York where you can purchase Cars/SUVS etc... for SILLY money... I bet someone on here knows what I'm talking about.... (I can not for the life of me remember what it was called).