Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Suprise Suprise

Suprise Suprise

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Suprise Suprise

Typical twofaced Yank twats

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040402/325/eq6ux.html
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suprise Suprise

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy

Whats the point, apart from having a huge database of tourist's pictures and finger prints?
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 5:46 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm no longer asking my familly to come visit me. To have them treated like criminals is just not worth it, I'll go there.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 5:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother me,
They already have my fingerprints and photo.........
now I use the Citizens / PR line at t'airport.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

The photo with the news article made me laugh... the article says how people will need to give "two digital index finger scans", but they rummaged around in the back room and found a photo of someone giving an old ink pad fingerprint.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Scorchio
The photo with the news article made me laugh... the article says how people will need to give "two digital index finger scans", but they rummaged around in the back room and found a photo of someone giving an old ink pad fingerprint.

I must admit it is a v.quick process but still I cant see the advantage of having a picture and finger prints, its not going to stop people commiiting crimes if that is what they are worried about?
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:42 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by jambo_2004
I'm no longer asking my familly to come visit me. To have them treated like criminals is just not worth it, I'll go there.

i think someone should file a class action lawsuit. dont like being treated like an alien. is the USA not on the same earth/world as other countries.

alien; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country OR a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

What's the big deal? I would rather that they do this than start fencing off public areas and restricting access like it has been proposed. Plus, I think it makes perfect sense to keep an accurate record of who exactly is entering the country.

I know my family would not care about complying when they visit. They understand that the US suffered one of the worst terrorist attacks in history and is trying to balance national security and maintaining the freedom of the people. The US is supposed to compromise it's domestic security to appease foreign nationals who don't want to take part in a harmless procedure?

The move is also to stop the cries of racism and profiling because of the requirements made of visitors from the Middle East. The government has taken a lot of flak from Arab groups over the policy, so it is making the procedure non-discriminatory. Its a PC nation.

The only problem I see is that government agencies still do not have an efficient system for information sharing. Who will have access to this data, and how will they be able to get it? The entire procedure could be a waste of money if the files cannot be accessed by the right people when they need them.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 9:32 pm
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

Phew! I thought Cilla Black was reviving her show here at BE
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
Don't bother me,
They already have my fingerprints and photo.........
now I use the Citizens / PR line at t'airport.

True if you have a green card you can use citizen line and yes they have me too on record fingerprints the old ink style & all.

My family sent me info on this months ago, it has something to do with which passport you hold and when it was renewed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3378717.stm

This may have been posted before but I am new to site so have no idea sorry if it has
Suzieque

Last edited by suzieque; Apr 3rd 2004 at 1:31 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy

As someone who is both a U.S. and U.K. citizen, this seems reasonable to me, particularly given the number of Islamonuts who hold U.K. citizenship.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 2:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by edwords
.... this seems reasonable to me, .....
As most of the 9/11 gang had come in from the UK, France, or Germany, it seems eminently sensible to me too.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 3:24 pm
British Trailer Trash

jaybob is an unknown quantity at this point

What seems more two faced to me is the way the spoils of war i.e., the constrcution contracts, have been reserved for the US. Sure we have a special relationship and our boys will spill their blood with their boys. That seems to be where the special relationship ends.
Perhaps I'm wrong and there's been some deal done with the oil? No doubt if I am someone here will put me right.

PS I am not condoning 'spoils of war' as such, rather I'm making a statement about apparent two-facedness
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 4:10 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

U.S. officials said the move was needed to prevent attacks like those of September 11, 2001 and reflected the expectation that the 27 "Visa Waiver" nations will miss an October 26 deadline to begin issuing passports with biometric data like fingerprints.
The Bush administration said it had asked the U.S. Congress for a two-year extension to the deadline and said that its decision to fingerprint and photograph even the visitors who do not need visas was designed to close a loophole.
So does this now mean that UK citizens no longer need to apply for a Visa after October 26th?

According to this article on the BBC site

US fingerprints 'allied' visitors

...the need for a Visa after October 26th will be hopefully dropped. At least for a while.

I have to say though, fingerprinting will not stop any further terrorist attacks. Stopping tyrant funding and responding to early warnings would help more.

Last edited by rincewind; Apr 3rd 2004 at 4:46 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pulaski
As most of the 9/11 gang had come in from the UK, France, or Germany, it seems eminently sensible to me too.
All but one came perfectly legally so how would fingerprinting have stopped them exactly? Maybe if the US had listened to the flying school's warning it would have been stopped.

I think we should start fingerprinting all American visitors to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.