Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

support questions

support questions

Old Oct 20th 2002, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

pepsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default support questions

hello, dose my fiance have to fill in the I-134 or is this for other sponsers, and if she dosnt have to fill in this do we have to fill in any form or just have the support evidance eg( bank statments etc) on there own? and also what is the i-864 from for , is it the same as the I-134

thanks
Old Oct 20th 2002, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: support questions

Originally posted by pepsi:
hello, dose my fiance have to fill in the I-134 or is this for other sponsers, and if she dosnt have to fill in this do we have to fill in any form or just have the support evidance eg( bank statments etc) on there own? and also what is the i-864 from for , is it the same as the I-134

thanks
From my understanding the U.S. citizen completes and returns the I-134 along with supporting documents to the his/her fiance i.e. letter of employment on company letter head with (date of hire, position, annual salary, and if position is permanent), also bank statements showing when the account was opened and deposits and withdrawals for 12 months,etc. The I-134 and supporting documents are then presented to the consulate officer at the interview. Hope this helps.You should probably look at the u.s. consulate that is in the country that you are emigrating from. GOOD LUCK
Old Oct 20th 2002, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

thanks
oh yeah, the I-134 is for the K-1(I-129F) visa which is the fiance one, I believe the I-864 is for the !-130, spouse visa, or the adjustment of status.
Old Oct 20th 2002, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

pepsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katnap8:

oh yeah, the I-134 is for the K-1(I-129F) visa which is the fiance one, I believe the I-864 is for the !-130, spouse visa, or the adjustment of status.
thanks thats saved me a 1.30 a min call to london

all i have to worry about now is, wether, i should go the troubble in geting another sponcer, to fill in 134 aswell sence its alot of hassle , but i dont know if my fiance's one is enough on its own
Old Oct 20th 2002, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

thanks thats saved me a 1.30 a min call to london

all i have to worry about now is, wether, i should go the troubble in geting another sponcer, to fill in 134 aswell sence its alot of hassle , but i dont know if my fiance's one is enough on its own
pepsi, you can go to the ins site (www.ins.gov), and go to forms and fees. If you go to the I-864, there should be a link to the poverty guidelines somewhere. They're not too high, for ex. for a family of 2, the sponsor needs to make around $15000 a year.

Anyway, good luck with it all.

-Harry
Old Nov 18th 2002, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Brayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsors

the sponsor needs to demonstrate/prove that they are at least 25% above the poverty line for that state.