Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

'Support our troops' car ribbons

'Support our troops' car ribbons

Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:46 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Support our troops' car ribbons

Originally Posted by samireh
Ahhh...poor soldiers, my heart bleeds. Honest...rather give my money to the red cross.
Who's saying we don't do that also?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh...poor soldiers, my heart bleeds. Honest...rather give my money to the red cross.
Well you're real constructive, like I said it's not the troops fault they are there, don't care who you give your money to as long as it isn't Dubbya! By your attitude, however, I think you'd be happier giving your cash to Bin Laden
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:50 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robskatie
Who's saying we don't do that also?
very noble
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:51 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

very noble
More so than you I see
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:52 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dan725
Well you're real constructive, like I said it's not the troops fault they are there, don't care who you give your money to as long as it isn't Dubbya! By your attitude, however, I think you'd be happier giving your cash to Bin Laden
Uhh NO! just because I have a view that does not agree with yours, does not give you the right to make those kinds of accusations..how ignorant
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:55 pm
Restless soul

More so than you I see
The goverments spend enough on war without emptying my pockets...
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:56 pm

The goverments spend enough on war without emptying my pockets...
Yet again, don't do it to support the war
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Uhh NO! just because I have a view that does not agree with yours, does not give you the right to make those kinds of accusations..how ignorant
Of course you're entitled to you're opinion....as am I and everyone else. To say you couldn't care less about the troops (in MY opinion of course) sort of says to me that you think we could do without any military or security whatsoever - what a fun world that would be as everyone else walks all over us.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:00 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you're entitled to you're opinion....as am I and everyone else. To say you couldn't care less about the troops (in MY opinion of course) sort of says to me that you think we could do without any military or security whatsoever - what a fun world that would be as everyone else walks all over us.

Seems to remember Viscount Stansgate ('Tone' to his friends) suggested we replace MOD with an answering machine that replied "We Surrender" in Russian and American!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

In fairness, I don't see her (she's a girl, you know) posting anywhere that she "couldn't care less" or that she thinks "we could do without any military or security." And the previous allegation that she would "be happier giving [her] cash to Bin Laden" leads me to think you might be being a bit, well, you know, hysterical.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:05 pm
Restless soul

I totally agree with having military and security...all countries do...I just don't agree with invading other countries and brainwashing the world with lies and propaganda...I'd rather give money to the families who's homes and lives have been destroyed that's all. Don't forget. Being a troop was a career decision made by the troop..a choice that they made. It is shit that Bush and his cronies took advantage of that isn't it?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Seems to remember Viscount Stansgate ('Tone' to his friends) suggested we replace MOD with an answering machine that replied "We Surrender" in Russian and American!
Not so with the new "Tone" Blair, he's currently working on an elaborate answer phone message system for the forces to free up personnel so he can keep up with Bush and still carry on with his defence cuts
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:07 pm
Restless soul

Yet again, don't do it to support the war
Yes let's forget it shall we and do it again. What fun...and then we can pay for more support the troops ribbons!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

...Being a troop was a career decision made by the troop..a choice that they made...
It's a vocation. They are not appropriately compensated because they do it not for financial gain. So for that reason I would say there exists an unwritten civic contract, that they ought not to be sent into harm's way frivolously.

As far as these private contractors (mercenaries) are concerned, I would say you are absolutely right.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is shit that Bush and his cronies took advantage of that isn't it?
Yes it is - he went for something that I think was way down the chart as regards to global security, when there were and still are bigger threats about. Seems like we are agreed on something then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.