Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Super Seattle

Super Seattle

Old Jul 20th 2011, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Serocca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Super Seattle

Hopping from London to MD for 2 years, (husband is American), then being really homesick and missing urban London and girlfriends we (finally) moved to Seattle.
I love Seattle, we have a home on lake Union and I can walk every where again, great shops, kids can walk to school again so all good......
I am still missing great friends!! My husband has friends here but I would l love to make friends.. Any Seattle Brit people near me?? I am 38 years young and love to socialize and talk life over a glass of red... I love to swim, walk along the Burke Gilman trail, shop at the Village and fancy myself as an abstract painter/artist!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

AddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Super Seattle

We're out on the Eastside (Sammamish), so not near you I'm afraid. It sounds very nice though, but we enjoy the rural life more and have never lived in a big city.

There is a Seattle British Expats group on Meetup.com and there are probably plenty of DT/city folks in that I would guess.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Serocca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AddyLaddy
We're out on the Eastside (Sammamish), so not near you I'm afraid. It sounds very nice though, but we enjoy the rural life more and have never lived in a big city.

There is a Seattle British Expats group on Meetup.com and there are probably plenty of DT/city folks in that I would guess.
Thanks for the reply.. enjoy the peace and quiet and I am sure picturesque surrounds
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

AddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura aboutAddyLaddy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Serocca
Thanks for the reply.. enjoy the peace and quiet and I am sure picturesque surrounds
Thanks we do enjoy the scenery and hiking, but real estate isn't that cheap. Our youngest kids are 4 & 7 - send us a PM if you fancy getting out of the city one day. We also have membership at the zoo, science centre and aquarium. My wife is a stay at home mum, so perhaps could meet up with you one day?
The Seattle expat group do meet up at the various 'pubs' in the area and we must try and get to the next one on the Eastside.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

fashionista will become famous soon enoughfashionista will become famous soon enough

We just moved here recently from London and although I love WA, I do miss my old city. We're in Bellevue, but I'm always looking for excuses to jump on the bus to downtown Seattle, and red wine is an excellent one! PM me if you ever fancy a glass (or 3)!