Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Summit, NJ nursery school recommendation

Summit, NJ nursery school recommendation

Old Jan 31st 2016, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summit, NJ nursery school recommendation

We are moving to Summit end of March and I'm looking into Nursery school options for our 4 year old and nearly 2.5 year old.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

We have rented a house which is zoned for Lincoln Hubbard so our 7 year old will go into 2nd grade there.

Thanks

S
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

NJNewbie2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Summit, NJ nursery school recommendation

We moved to Summit at the end of December and I have two boys aged 9 and 12. We live pretty close to Lincoln-Hubbard and I think it is a really good school.

I am really sorry to say that I don't know anything about nursery schools since my children are older but I just wanted to wish you well with your move. If you have any other questions about moving to Summit, I'd be happy to help if I can.

Good luck with everything!
Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Just realised that I do know of one Pre-school in Summit. It is for 3-5 year olds and is at The Connection, 79 Maple Street, Summit. I think the website is The Connection for Women and Families: a nonprofit organization offering a variety of programs for all ages and abilities in Summit, New Jersey.

Does anyone have any experience of their pre-school?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond reputeSliv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply, what school are your children at?

How are you finding Summit?
Old Feb 4th 2016, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

My children are at Lawton Johnson Middle School and Washington Elementary. They are getting on alright but it is quite a change for them from their UK schools. They attended quite academically strong private schools in the UK but the public schools in NJ (and Summit particularly) seemed so good that we thought we would try them out. The school system is just different here and we've only been here since the end of last year so it is still early days for them.

We really like living in Summit so far. The town has lots of parks, restaurants and shops and we enjoy all the sporting activities that are on offer at the Y.
Hope that your move goes well.