Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Summer Events?

Summer Events?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summer Events?

So what sort of events have you lot gone to over the summer? And anything else left for the rest of the summer?

We're heading up to maine next week, again, but for the American Folk Festival - http://www.americanfolkfestival.com/

It's free, bit cheesy, but a lot of fun, and they have some great food stands come over from various places, so anyone not far from Bangor, it could well be worth checking out.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Summer Events?

Originally Posted by Bob
So what sort of events have you lot gone to over the summer? And anything else left for the rest of the summer?

We're heading up to maine next week, again, but for the American Folk Festival - http://www.americanfolkfestival.com/

It's free, bit cheesy, but a lot of fun, and they have some great food stands come over from various places, so anyone not far from Bangor, it could well be worth checking out.
summer events here bob you've got to be kidding...it's too bloody hot and humid to go outside here
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:27 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I usually go to www.festing.com to find out about local festivals. But lately it's been either too hot and humid, or raining too much. Have had a few days now of thunderstorms... rather enjoying that.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maz
But lately it's been either too hot and humid, or raining too much. Have had a few days now of thunderstorms... rather enjoying that.
we've had lots of them and like you i've been enjoying them
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:21 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

The only summer event that interests me is sitting by the Pool with a glass of Chardonnay to damn hot at here to go out during the day ot the evening for that matter.

When I lived in the UK I used to like to go to the Norfolk show every year take a picnic etc nothing like that around here, but CAL EXPO just started in Sacramento just a bastard to get in and out of parking wise.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:06 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on a bit of a downer about festivals/shows after missing the local Burrowing Owl festival earlier in the year, and thus couldn't face Mangomania last month

On a related note, I placed second in the latters Mango Pie Eating Contest in 2004, I was beaten by a crazy Canadian lady who ended up cutting her chin open on the foil pie casing.