Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Summer Camp in J-1 Visa in usa

Summer Camp in J-1 Visa in usa

Old Jan 13th 2002, 4:57 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 8
chorolpa is an unknown quantity at this point

I am high school student and i have been accepted for summer camp which only lasts for a week.for which visa should i apply will J-1 visa or tourist or business will be suitable...
its urgent hope to hear from you as soon as possible
chorolpa is offline  
Old Jan 13th 2002, 11:02 pm
Posts: n/a

Tourist visa would be best, if you're a citizen from countries that don't require
visa to visit the US, like England, France... then you don't need a visa. But yes,
tourist if otherwize, never business or J1!!!!

chorolpa <[email protected]>
Old Jan 14th 2002, 8:37 am
Paul Helpdesk
Posts: n/a

Sponsors of summer camps generally have an approved J-1 visa program. They should be
able to send you an IAP-66 which you you could submit at the U.S. Consulate along
with DS-156 and get your J-1 visa.

I am assuming that you are getting paid during your summer camp. If you are coming
under a Visitor visa, you cannot work or study.

You may qualify for Visa Waiver Program which does not require any visa to enter
United States. Consistent with Visitor visa, you cannot work or study under Visa
Waiver Program. You could only stay 90 days or less.

I recommend you contact the summer camp and see if they could send you an IAP-66.

Paul @ Immigration HelpDesk

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.