Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Suddam Hussain is captured at last!!

Suddam Hussain is captured at last!!

Old Dec 14th 2003, 2:06 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suddam Hussain is captured at last!!

See this link

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=540&ncid=716
Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

yeap every news channel is buzzing about it.

So what does everyone think should be done with him? Does it really matter after all no punishment be it... jail time, torture or death will compensate for the atrocities he has committed. However we all know he has to be given some kind of punishment... personally I think it should be left to the Iraqi people to decide his fate after all the majority of his crimes where against them.

Ash

Last edited by Ash UK/US; Dec 14th 2003 at 5:13 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Or we could go after the real criminals, the ones who supported his obscene regime with money & arms when it suited them. Oh wait, we can't do that as rumsfeld is a pal of the texan twat.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:59 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Or we could go after the real criminals, the ones who supported his obscene regime with money & arms when it suited them. Oh wait, we can't do that as rumsfeld is a pal of the texan twat.
Have a big trial and maybe he will tell the world about how Rummy et all helped arm and equip him in the first place. It might be fun to watch them squirm when it becomes know the WMD are all stamped 'made in america'.

Otherwise feed him into a meat grinder feet first he did to others maybe its his turn now. Evil bastard and whilst your at it stick Mugabe in as well.

regards,
Duncan
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:15 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

I think we accidentally captured Gandalf.
Attached Thumbnails Suddam Hussain is captured at last!!-saddalf.jpg  

Last edited by nathan barley; Dec 15th 2003 at 12:18 am.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Bookworm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nathan barley
Oh my god! You are right! What will be now with the Lord of the Rings?
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncs
Have a big trial and maybe he will tell the world about how Rummy et all helped arm and equip him in the first place. It might be fun to watch them squirm when it becomes know the WMD are all stamped 'made in america'.

Otherwise feed him into a meat grinder feet first he did to others maybe its his turn now. Evil bastard and whilst your at it stick Mugabe in as well.

regards,
Duncan
They already found armaments stamped Made in U.K.before the invasion. Saddam was obviously a foul murderer, but, as has been said, was kept in power and armed for years by the very people who then chased him out. Just as with Noriega in Panama, you can be as murderous as you like towards your own people, but when you become inconvenient or show signs of independence, you're out. The truth is a wonderful thing, is it not.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, Iraqi Law still have a Murder Law (as do most countries in the world) and Hussein is still subject to it.
Everyone can predict where he is going, but first and foremost Iraqi Law dictates he be put on trial there.
The new ICC cannot have trials for crimes before it's inception of 2002 and anyways the USA is not party to the ICC.
He will probably get shipped off to The Hague and meet up with Milosevic.

Who reckons Kim Il Jong shat his pants this weekend?

We need to set and example to these wankers (Milosevic and now Hussein) that ruining entire races of people / ethnic cleansing / mass murder is no way tolerated and then he should have his balls ripped off and left to bleed to death.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:01 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

My husband thinks the American military found Jerry Garcia alive!

NC Penguin
Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:37 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by manc1976

Who reckons Kim Il Jong shat his pants this weekend?
Why because he is scared that the inevitable $bn payoff he will soon be getting from the Bush Whitehouse will be hard to store safely?

I agree that mass murdering leaders should not be tolerated but its irksome when the people telling you how good it is to get Saddam where the same ones who sold him weapons or attacked Clinton for involving the US in Kosovo or helped keep Pinochet in power, or turn a blinf eye to Chinas record etc etc Why is it right and just for Saddam but not elsewhere?

regards,

Duncan
Old Dec 15th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976

He will probably get shipped off to The Hague and meet up with Milosevic.
They had a law expert on BBC breakfast, that said it would be impossible to send him to the Hague, I believe because most of the crimes he has commited, were before that court was set up. Now I'm not 100% certain of the above reason, but I do remember him saying that the Hague was not an option.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Polaris_x
This is the part that confuses me. Is the U.S. responsible for selling WMD to Iraq or not? If they sold WMD to Iraq, then why is it so many people are saying there are no WMD's? It seems that the people that are hell bent on not supporting this want it both ways. First they say there isn't any WMD, then they turn around and say the WMD came from the U.S. Which is it?

As for your other points, I supported the efforts in Kosovo and I think we're way too easy on China, N. Korea, the Palestinians and Israel.

I don't think there is any serious doubt that both the U.S. and the U.K. both sold weapons (WMD and "conventional") to Saddam and kept him in power. The question was as to whether they still existed when the latest round of inspectors went to look and couldn't find any. None of the invading troops have found any either that I know of. Feel free to correct me. We know Saddam gassed the Kurds with U.S. supplied toxins - not disputed either, just not discussed much in the media. The U.S. has a long history of supporting the most appalling, murderous dictators - Hussein, Pinochet, Somoza, Noriega (removed when he showed signs of disobedience), the military juntas of Guatemala, the Shah of Iran - the list goes on. The point that many here are making, if I am correct, is that all can be in full agreement that the world is a better place without Hussein in power, but let's be honest about a) how he managed to maintain power and b) the real motives for the invasion, not the spin-doctor-produced motives.:lecture:
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:14 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that Sir Ian's stunt double?
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:31 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bookworm
Oh my god! You are right! What will be now with the Lord of the Rings?
Hopefully when he's banged up in jail he will be called "lord of the anal rings'....
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
Hopefully when he's banged up in jail he will be called "lord of the anal rings'....
Yikes!

Perhaps if he's put in an American jail, he'll learn how to play wide receiver (he'll play tight end to start with, but that won't last long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.