Reload this Page >

Stupid windup letter from CA DMV

Stupid windup letter from CA DMV

Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:03 pm
els
Just Joined

els is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Stupid windup letter from CA DMV

So I've applied for my driving license, been battling the streets around LA and all of a sudden I get a letter from the DMV which says:
"When you applied for a CA drivers license, you presented documentation to verify your presence in the US. The documentation received was incomplete or unacceptable for the following reasons:
X True full name does not match the DHS database
Please submit your legal presence documents to the DHS for correction.

WHAT????? I gave them my green card which is in the exact same name that I applied for my DL. Ofcourse when I first applied it was in my maiden name.....No more info about what to send where, whether they need originals, the legal status etc the guy at the DMV didn't say anything when I applied.... It was just sent because i thought to myself 'It's good to be free of the INS crap for a while' and so cursed myself :-(
Any one have any advise as to what to do or what this could mean? How could my name be wrong on the DHS database when my greencard is in the correct name and they issued it to me! Well bloomin eck guess could have expected some more admin rubbish like this.
Thanks for your help.
Els
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:06 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid windup letter from CA DMV

Originally Posted by els
So I've applied for my driving license, been battling the streets around LA and all of a sudden I get a letter from the DMV which says:
"When you applied for a CA drivers license, you presented documentation to verify your presence in the US. The documentation received was incomplete or unacceptable for the following reasons:
X True full name does not match the DHS database
Please submit your legal presence documents to the DHS for correction.

WHAT????? I gave them my green card which is in the exact same name that I applied for my DL. Ofcourse when I first applied it was in my maiden name.....No more info about what to send where, whether they need originals, the legal status etc the guy at the DMV didn't say anything when I applied.... It was just sent because i thought to myself 'It's good to be free of the INS crap for a while' and so cursed myself :-(
Any one have any advise as to what to do or what this could mean? How could my name be wrong on the DHS database when my greencard is in the correct name and they issued it to me! Well bloomin eck guess could have expected some more admin rubbish like this.
Thanks for your help.
Els

After the holiday weekend, ring up the central CA DMV number and, if the first person you speak to can't help you, insist on talking to a supervisor.

Worked for me when I had 'proof of legal presence' problems with my DL.

Good luck!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:08 pm
els
Just Joined

els is an unknown quantity at this point

OH really, what happened? Was it just an admin error? Did you have to send in any papers?
Els
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:17 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by els
OH really, what happened? Was it just an admin error? Did you have to send in any papers?
Els

My case was entirely different from yours. The point is, explain CLEARLY what your problem is, and ask what you need to do, and/or they can do, to rectify it.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 3:45 pm

Esquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond reputeEsquimaux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by els
Els
no point in ringing them ...go in ask to see the supervisor and wait - 3 hours of your life you will never get back but an opportunity to see US bureaucracy at its best