Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

stupid question: Parking near chicago consulate

stupid question: Parking near chicago consulate

Old Jul 19th 2013, 3:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stupid question: Parking near chicago consulate

Assuming you are hauling the furniture to your parent's for storage, why don't you make the Chicago stop on the way home when you no longer have the truck.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

The only thing is though - make sure they will let you leave the cats in your room while you are at the consulate. It's been hot here, I wouldn't want to leave them in your car at the moment. In transit is fine but not when stopped.
That's a given SofS. Not going to leave them in a hot car at all.

We received confirmation of an appt. at the Consulate for 9am on Thursday, so now we just need to get the hotel sorted.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
That's a given SofS. Not going to leave them in a hot car at all.

We received confirmation of an appt. at the Consulate for 9am on Thursday, so now we just need to get the hotel sorted.
To be sure that there will be ample parking at the hotel, I'd recommend venturing out of the immediate suburbs. A little farther north and west should be a good starting point. It'll be a longer train ride but still not that bad. I live at the end of a line and I can be in downtown Chicago in 90 minutes on the train. You'll be looking at maybe half that.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Lbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond reputeLbjen has a reputation beyond repute

There's a La Quinta in Lincolnshire, my husband just stayed there and said it was actually pretty decent for a LQ. Easy access to I94 and only about 20 minutes drive from the city, you can also catch several Metra lines in the area. They also don't charge pet fees, we've seen fees as high as $75 per pet for cats and if you're leaving them in the room you need to let the hotel know they're in there.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Assuming you are hauling the furniture to your parent's for storage, why don't you make the Chicago stop on the way home when you no longer have the truck.
I thought she is leaving Seattle and is clearing up and shipping out to the UK after driving the truck of stuff across the country.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I thought she is leaving Seattle and is clearing up and shipping out to the UK after driving the truck of stuff across the country.
Yep. That's exactly what we are doing. Going back to Chicago, after dropping off the truck at my mother's would be going far out of our way. Coming from Seattle, we can swing by Chicago (even though it's a bit of a detour), on our way down to Louisville. On a good day with no traffic, it's about a 6hr drive from Chicago to Louisville. I don't want to do that twice.