British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Stupid Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/stupid-question-581377/)

justin riseborough Jan 2nd 2009 4:57 pm

Stupid Question

Right where to start.

The wife and I are coming back to New York after visiting there last year, and having the time of lives.

this time though we are bringing the children 12 & 14.

On Christmas day, got a cracking present, she proposed to me again, asking for us to renew our wedding vows. She gave me two options, Elland Road (Leeds Fan) or New York. I chose New York, as when we visited last year it was for our honeymoon (13 years late) so the place sort of has a place in our hearts (big place actually).

Now the question....

Can we do this as Foreigners, would we need a license of some sort, where can we do it, how do we do this. Would love to be able to do this at the top of the Empire State Building as my wife fell in love with the building and we have over 100 photo's of just the building.

Any info or website links that people may be able to give us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much, from a couple of people wanting to say I DO again

Ray Jan 2nd 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Stupid Question

Originally Posted by justin riseborough (Post 7119974)
Right where to start.

The wife and I are coming back to New York after visiting there last year, and having the time of lives.

On Christmas day, got a cracking present, she proposed to me again, asking for us to renew our wedding vows. She gave me two options, Elland Road (Leeds Fan) or New York. I chose New York, as when we visited last year it was for our honeymoon (13 years late) so the place sort of has a place in our hearts (big place actually).

Now the question....

Can we do this as Foreigners, would we need a license of some sort, where can we do it, how do we do this. Would love to be able to do this at the top of the Empire State Building as my wife fell in love with the building and we have over 100 photo's of just the building.

Any info or website links that people may be able to give us would be greatly appreciated.

No legal document are needed for a re-vow
pleny of NY celibrant to take a few dollars from you ...

http://www.celebrantusa.com/ny.html

meauxna Jan 2nd 2009 5:29 pm

Would love to be able to do this at the top of the Empire State Building as my wife fell in love with the building and we have over 100 photo's of just the building.

http://www.esbnyc.com/tourism/touris...valentines.cfm

Start there.. you'll see.

Tegwyn Jan 2nd 2009 5:54 pm

Right where to start.

Now the question....

Others will offer the required info, but I want to offer my congratulations. Lovely to hear of those that love each other enough to want to say "I do - again" many years later in the marriage. :thumbsup:

Ray Jan 2nd 2009 6:29 pm

Actually its a good money earner ... I think I will start doing re-vows in Florida ..

Patrick Hasler Jan 2nd 2009 7:09 pm

Ray is right but ! ................. In NY state you will need to get a licence and have a 24 hour wait ..... Been there , done that :)

another bloody yank Jan 2nd 2009 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler (Post 7120329)
Ray is right but ! ................. In NY state you will need to get a licence and have a 24 hour wait ..... Been there , done that :)

Just to renew your vows?

Bluegrass Lass Jan 2nd 2009 7:18 pm

Even for a renewal? :confused: They are already married afterall.

Patrick Hasler Jan 2nd 2009 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13 (Post 7120370)
Even for a renewal? :confused: They are already married afterall.

All they have to do is rent a preacher then ;)

Actually ! Sod the preacher ... I'll do it for a price :rofl:

meauxna Jan 2nd 2009 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 7120197)
Actually its a good money earner ... I think I will start doing re-vows in Florida ..

Let me know.. sounds like my kind of project (fleeci, er, catering to tourists a specialty since 1991). :cool:

Ray Jan 2nd 2009 8:58 pm

Ignore him ..he has rushmanitis ..

justin riseborough Jan 3rd 2009 2:37 am

Thanks Patrick.:thumbsup:

Any idea where we can get the license from, and do you know if we can get this prior to our arrival in NY. Was thinking maybe to contact the US emabassy in Muscat

Ray Jan 3rd 2009 3:31 am

Originally Posted by justin riseborough (Post 7121373)
Thanks Patrick.:thumbsup:

Any idea where we can get the license from, and do you know if we can get this prior to our arrival in NY. Was thinking maybe to contact the US emabassy in Muscat

Ignore him ..he is talking rubbish ...He still thinks spaggetti grows on trees

Ray Jan 3rd 2009 3:32 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7120488)
Let me know.. sounds like my kind of project (fleeci, er, catering to tourists a specialty since 1991). :cool:

Well as a notary I can marry them.. just extend it to a remarry
for a small charge ..perhaps yearly

Jerseygirl Jan 3rd 2009 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 7121477)
Well as a notary I can marry them.. just extend it to a remarry
for a small charge ..perhaps yearly

I may call on your services to renew our vows...depending if you can arrange a pre-nup weighted heavily in my favour.