Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Stupid People making you laugh...

Wikiposts

Stupid People making you laugh...

Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:46 am
pingu

Default Re: Stupid People making you laugh...

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
Surprised your noses aren't getting sunburnt, with them being so far up in the air, whilst you sit upon a high horse.

Whenever I return home to England and people find out I now live in Texas, they will always ask me one of the following:

- do you live on a ranch?
- do you ride a horse to work?
- do you say "Y'all" all the time?
- does everyone wear cowboy boots and a hat?
- are you a cowboy?

Get the picture? Dumb people are everywhere. We all have moments of dumbness and times when we say foolish things. But I tell you this - if I was to ask the "What do they eat" question that was posted earlier, and that guy looked at me for a couple of seconds before answering...I'd tear his pompous head off his arrogant shoulders and shove it up his egocentric ass.
Ignorant, dumb people in the UK? Surely not

Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yorkshire_lass
I found it hard to believe that anyone in America could really seriously ask someone from England what language they spoke, but my daughter was asked this just recently by a school friend (aged 14). Another child had been reading Harry Potter and said "it must be great growing up in England with magic being real there an all......." - he was serious!!
We had a child ask our 13 year old if we speak French in England ! also as a favour I am doing a presentation to a US family tomorrow who are moving to the UK, the boy (14) wrote on his info sheet that his biggest worry in moving to England was that the kids would never have heard of Harry Potter
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:55 am
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Eskimo
We had a child ask our 13 year old if we speak French in England ! also as a favour I am doing a presentation to a US family tomorrow who are moving to the UK, the boy (14) wrote on his info sheet that his biggest worry in moving to England was that the kids would never have heard of Harry Potter
Do you have a thing about making fun of kids or something? Give the poor little guys a break - at your age, you should know better.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light

Surprised your noses aren't getting sunburnt, with them being so far up in the air, whilst you sit upon a high horse.

Whenever I return home to England and people find out I now live in Texas, they will always ask me one of the following:

- do you live on a ranch?
- do you ride a horse to work?
- do you say "Y'all" all the time?
- does everyone wear cowboy boots and a hat?
- are you a cowboy?

Get the picture? Dumb people are everywhere. We all have moments of dumbness and times when we say foolish things. But I tell you this - if I was to ask the "What do they eat" question that was posted earlier, and that guy looked at me for a couple of seconds before answering...I'd tear his pompous head off his arrogant shoulders and shove it up his egocentric ass.

If someone asked me any of those questions I would have a strong suspicion they were taking the p%ss
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:59 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshire_lass
Iand said "it must be great growing up in England with magic being real there an all......." - he was serious!!
There is magic there .. I can name many street in London where you car can dissappear in seconds ..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:00 am
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cpe111
If someone asked me that I would have a strong suspicion they were taking the p%ss
I just think people on here have a lot of nerve making post after post containing digs and rips at the US (English pubs aren't as good?? You're in AMERICA you daft bastards), and now this smug, high and mighty thread were everyone talks about times they belittled someone, or looked down their noses at them, because they happened to make a slightly silly statement.

Ironic considering the sheer amount of twaddle that gets posted o here. Go ahead, start your troll nonsense - I know I'm right.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:03 am
pingu

I just think people on here have a lot of nerve making post after post containing digs and rips at the US (English pubs aren't as good?? You're in AMERICA you daft bastards), and now this smug, high and mighty thread were everyone talks about times they belittled someone, or looked down their noses at them, because they happened to make a slightly silly statement.

Ironic considering the sheer amount of twaddle that gets posted on this once interesting forum.
All people ever do on this part of the forum is criticise the USA and complain about why it's different from the UK. This thread sums up the attitude of British people abroad http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315063. I think that if you don't like it abroad, then move back to the UK. Why should the rest of the world change to suit the British?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I just think people on here have a lot of nerve making post after post containing digs and rips at the US (English pubs aren't as
Sorry we are not up to your standard ...But what can say ...
But ..piss off if you don't like it ...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a thing about making fun of kids or something? Give the poor little guys a break - at your age, you should know better.
At my age I can make fun. He's 14, he should know better.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Ironic considering the sheer amount of twaddle that gets posted o here. Go ahead, start your troll nonsense - I know I'm right.
His at it againe chaps :scared:
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by pingu
All people ever do on this part of the forum is criticise the USA and complain about why it's different from the UK. This thread sums up the attitude of British people abroad http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315063. I think that if you don't like it abroad, then move back to the UK. Why should the rest of the world change to suit the British?
Exactly - well said. I never met a more pretentious, self-loving lot as the people who inhabit this place. I find it amusing that you are all referring to conversations with 13yr olds and yokels. Go talk to the professors at NYU and see how well your intellects match up.

And yes I'm at it again....holding a mirror up to your attitudes and proving what you really are.

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 20th 2005 at 8:22 am.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly - well said. I never met a more pretentious, self-loving lot as the people who inhabit this place. I find it amusing that you are all referring to conversations with 13yr olds and yokels. Go talk to the professors at NYU and see how well your intellects match up.

And yes I'm at it again....holding a mirror up to your attitudes and proving what you really are.
You never saw this one then?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307592
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Get over yourself - this is just a bit of fun pointing out stuff we notice. Personally i love it here and the people are great - just sharing amusing stories - there are probably yanks doing the same at home.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
That thread certainly has it's moments...but like everything else, soon degenerated into an MSN-style chitchat that is of no interest or relevance.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That thread certainly has it's moments...but like everything else, soon degenerated into an MSN-style chitchat that is of no interest or relevance.
This is an Internet discussion forum, not Prime Minister's Question Time. These things happen...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.