Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:11 pm
  #1  
Home at last
Thread Starter
 
callé's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful UK
Posts: 864
callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

sorry, but its so frustrating not being able to call the embassy in Washington anymore. That 2.10 a minute rubbish calling the 900 number and then they dont seem to know what they are talking about. I am all sorted for my return home, but I have two grown sons who want to follow next year. They where born here, but as it states on the website, they can claim British citizenship if born after 1961 and before 1983 to a British born mother. So calling them today to make sure I had all the information and current correct fees for my sons to submit, I was told that they are not qualified and had to have a British father. Which I know is not true. But it just annoys me because what of someone calling who doesnt know better? It could change their life. It just seems something of such importance should be made known to the ones answering those phones....And she waisted my money on the call
ok, just had to rant. sorry
callé is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:36 pm
  #2  
Adopt me????!!!!!
 
serdwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 700
serdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud ofserdwin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Originally Posted by callé
sorry, but its so frustrating not being able to call the embassy in Washington anymore. That 2.10 a minute rubbish calling the 900 number and then they dont seem to know what they are talking about. I am all sorted for my return home, but I have two grown sons who want to follow next year. They where born here, but as it states on the website, they can claim British citizenship if born after 1961 and before 1983 to a British born mother. So calling them today to make sure I had all the information and current correct fees for my sons to submit, I was told that they are not qualified and had to have a British father. Which I know is not true. But it just annoys me because what of someone calling who doesnt know better? It could change their life. It just seems something of such importance should be made known to the ones answering those phones....And she waisted my money on the call
ok, just had to rant. sorry
I totally agree....and would like to know if it was an American, Englishman or other talking to you on the phone....just curious....I'd love to have that job and would research before I told someone a bunch of sh*t. grrrrrr don't blame you.
serdwin is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:42 pm
  #3  
Home at last
Thread Starter
 
callé's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful UK
Posts: 864
callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Originally Posted by serdwin
I totally agree....and would like to know if it was an American, Englishman or other talking to you on the phone....just curious....I'd love to have that job and would research before I told someone a bunch of sh*t. grrrrrr don't blame you.
Uuhhh... She was British. Even worse, huh? Had it been something simple that she was misinformed on it would have passed. But this is something so important!
callé is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:45 pm
  #4  
my arm aches
 
ladyofthelake's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: the warm waters of Florida
Posts: 2,289
ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

I can feel your anger from here. :scared:
I would be so pissed off too. Is there anywhere or how you can complain?
ladyofthelake is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:53 pm
  #5  
Home at last
Thread Starter
 
callé's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful UK
Posts: 864
callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I can feel your anger from here. :scared:
I would be so pissed off too. Is there anywhere or how you can complain?
I dont know. But it would be nice to at least be able to let someone know. Just would hate to think of other grown children of British mothers thinking that they cannot claim their British nationality, just because they phone the embassy and are told 'no'.
callé is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:04 pm
  #6  
Back Again
 
Celtic_Angel's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Virtual Reality
Posts: 10,831
Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Originally Posted by callé
I dont know. But it would be nice to at least be able to let someone know. Just would hate to think of other grown children of British mothers thinking that they cannot claim their British nationality, just because they phone the embassy and are told 'no'.
wow you're coming really close to being in the U.K!

Sorry to hear about this headache, it's funny but just the other day on another thread JAJ told me that many people can be misinformed by the people working at the embassy ....they pretty much told me that to get registration of my children's Birth wasn't worth the paper it was printed on and just to go ahead and get them a U.k passport....

I guess the lesson here is to get your info from several sources starting with the Website....and we all know how confusing that can be
Celtic_Angel is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:24 pm
  #7  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,266
TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

I've come to the conclusion that they all do it on purpose, no matter what country you are enquiring about. There can be no other explanation.
TouristTrap is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2005, 12:21 am
  #8  
Home at last
Thread Starter
 
callé's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful UK
Posts: 864
callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
wow you're coming really close to being in the U.K!

Sorry to hear about this headache, it's funny but just the other day on another thread JAJ told me that many people can be misinformed by the people working at the embassy ....they pretty much told me that to get registration of my children's Birth wasn't worth the paper it was printed on and just to go ahead and get them a U.k passport....

I guess the lesson here is to get your info from several sources starting with the Website....and we all know how confusing that can be
I have only three months to go!!
I cant believe they are allowed to give people the wrong information. The web sites are a bit confusing too. What would we do without this forum??
callé is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:59 am
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
jaytee's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Birmingham, USA
Posts: 802
jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Originally Posted by callé
sorry, but its so frustrating not being able to call the embassy in Washington anymore. That 2.10 a minute rubbish calling the 900 number and then they dont seem to know what they are talking about. I am all sorted for my return home, but I have two grown sons who want to follow next year. They where born here, but as it states on the website, they can claim British citizenship if born after 1961 and before 1983 to a British born mother. So calling them today to make sure I had all the information and current correct fees for my sons to submit, I was told that they are not qualified and had to have a British father. Which I know is not true. But it just annoys me because what of someone calling who doesnt know better? It could change their life. It just seems something of such importance should be made known to the ones answering those phones....And she waisted my money on the call
ok, just had to rant. sorry
The problem is that some British people are jealously gaurding their country's citizenship, voting, banking etc. to the point of misinformation. For instance, a town councilman told me that, "We don't allow Americans to vote," which is technically not correct. It is just a case of no or denial being the preferred answer out of caution, pride, what have you.
jaytee is offline  
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:13 am
  #10  
Banned
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: California
Posts: 269
Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future
Default Re: Stupid misinformed tw*ts at the 900 #!

Originally Posted by jaytee
The problem is that some British people are jealously gaurding their country's citizenship, voting, banking etc. to the point of misinformation. For instance, a town councilman told me that, "We don't allow Americans to vote," which is technically not correct. It is just a case of no or denial being the preferred answer out of caution, pride, what have you.

On a related note, many countries have laws that restrict voting privileges for people that have mutiple citizenships or if they live outside of the country. Sensible laws.
Fig Newton is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.