Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

student looking to move to the states

Wikiposts

student looking to move to the states

Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: student looking to move to the states

Originally Posted by neela1982
I dont take this forum seriously, however i take insults on my intelligence seriously, both here and anywhere for that matter.
You sound a bit high-strung, hon and take yourself way to seriously. If I took every insult seriously, I would have wound up in jail for killing someone a very long time ago. You need to learn to laugh at yourself Neela, and give as good as you get. Btw, not to insult you, but we named our dog Neela! It's a very pretty name.

There is a mathmatical name for this. Its called Probability.
No shit. I have a master's in engineering, and work with probs and stats every day.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just like someone who has actually applied for a visa has more chance (no matter how small) of getting it, then someone who hasnt. There is a mathmatical name for this. Its called Probability.
That is the point, most people who come here are looking to move through non family means.

They do not apply, they need an Employer to do so.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:32 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

I guess in your book, speaking only one language is a sign of someone who is not intelligent and congratulations on your achievement. I am sorry that my post gave you so much pain of reality. I could almost hear the "ouch" coming from some people in this forum, as i posted it. You seem to also imply that a person being a long term member of this forum states the fact that a person is the most 'intelligent' of all. God forbid they know anything else in life!!! God forbid they know anything else but America. You sound like a typical neoconservative, planting your ideology in every manner that you possibly can. Neocons tend to live in a fantasy land. Being a long term forum member doesnt mean that you are be all and end all of life, moving to the US doesnt mean you have achieved the essense and being of humanity, as people here might portray (difficult, yes, but not impossible - otherwise you wouldnt be here). if i wanted to stoop to your level, i could say that you are very narrow minded, as well as being self and western-centric, however i dont consider people who only speak one language as dumb. If i were to stoop to your level, then i guess you are probably a self confessed dumb-ass, as you only speak one langauge. Get out a little, buddy. There's more of the world out there.

Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Was it that funny? I fell asleep.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:51 am
Account Closed

I actually would have liked to go to Pakistan, because I have family there, my husband lives there (whilst waiting for his Visa) and of course tuition fees would be a twiddle. However, whats the point in studying there for 3+ years when at the end of the day its not recognized in the UK or anywhere else for that matter! I eventually want to work in Diplomatic service/government or similar in either the UK or the US or Canada, and having a Pakistani degree will not help me with that.
I am not sure is you are talking about a Visa to the US or UK, sounds like UK.

To go to the US you could probably expect a two year wait for a Visa.

And I just wonder what the security clearance implications would be for your chosen career.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:53 am
Banned

neela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really nice

I dont think they were laughing because it was funny. No. They were laughing because that person got a kick in the ass where they long needed it.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:56 am
Banned

neela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really niceneela1982 is just really nice

I mentioned this before. Its not that I take myself seriously. I take insult aimed at me and attempt to de-mean me seriously. Here or anywhere, its not acceptable. Here is not a case of what you think it is. It is the ideology of suppression.

Thanks for your comments and I am not insulted by you. Neela is not my real name either.

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
You sound a bit high-strung, hon and take yourself way to seriously. If I took every insult seriously, I would have wound up in jail for killing someone a very long time ago. You need to learn to laugh at yourself Neela, and give as good as you get. Btw, not to insult you, but we named our dog Neela! It's a very pretty name.

No shit. I have a master's in engineering, and work with probs and stats every day.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:57 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well....it doesn't take much to amuse me when I'm in the mood for a laugh.
If you'd rather I stopped eating the magic mushrooms just say so...
Old Nov 24th 2008, 3:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I guess in your book, speaking only one language is a sign of someone who is not intelligent and congratulations on your achievement. I am sorry that my post gave you so much pain of reality. .
26 years old and you know it all ...
You have yet to find out what life is about ...
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am not sure is you are talking about a Visa to the US or UK, sounds like UK.
Neither did i come on this forum to discuss my husband's Visa application and neither will i do it. I know what the ideology of this forum is. In other words, you do not need to be sure about what Visa I am talking about and for where. Plainly its none on your business - i just mentioned this in passing to describe why Pakistan would be an ideal location for me to study this, but its not do-able because of the fact that the qualification is not recognised. However i thank you for the concern.

To go to the US you could probably expect a two year wait for a Visa.
Thank you for the advise I already know. That is irrelevent to what i was saying about me studying in Pakistan. I never sought advise as to how long i can expect for a visa wait. Thank you all the same.

And I just wonder what the security clearance implications would be for your chosen career.
Again something that doesnt concern you. Thank for the concern anyway. I am aware of security clearances. They in one bit dont deter me. You state this in a way to try and deter me from this career. If everyone in this world would have been deterred by this, then we would have no governments, no police officers, no school teachers (who are subject to clearances for dealing with young children), DR's in some cases and of course moving to the USA.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:06 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
If I'm committed and determined, does that mean I can win the lottery if I play it everyday?
Count me in! I've been trying my darndest to win.....just a few more tickets and I know it's gonna be me!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:06 am
Banned

And what, in your terms is life about then? I would be happy to know. I probably have more life experience then you probably have altogether. Mr ex-Cop.

Originally Posted by Ray
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Tch. That's "ageist".
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:13 am
Account Closed

There have been a few threads on here about UKC's who have had issues with security clearance in the US, without your additional factors.

And with a trailing spouse, their Immigration options are always something that can complicate issues, also many posts on this subject.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 4:55 am
Banned

What additional factors of mine are you referring to, may i ask?

Originally Posted by Boiler
There have been a few threads on here about UKC's who have had issues with security clearance in the US, without your additional factors.

And with a trailing spouse, their Immigration options are always something that can complicate issues, also many posts on this subject.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.