Student loans

Student loans

Old May 19th 2002, 1:34 am
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student loans

Hi there
We just recieved a letter from the education department saying that my husband owes money to the Us Government for student loans. Are the ins going to see this as a problem where the AOS is concerned? He also owes some back child support due to him losing his job at the beginning of this year, is that also going to cause a problem?

Thanks
Old May 19th 2002, 2:24 am
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student loans

Originally posted by K

We just recieved a letter from the education department saying that my husband owes money to the Us Government for student loans. Are the ins going to see this as a problem where the AOS is concerned?
The loans shouldn't be a problem - my husband owes a lot of money to the government in student loans and that wasn't a problem with our AOS.

I don't know about child support though and if he's still unemployed then you'll probably need a co-sponsor.

~ Jennie
Old May 20th 2002, 3:03 am
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
He is back in work now, but we do owe back child support, i was just wondering if this would have any effect on the aos and if it would be denied even if he is paying off the back child support.
Old May 20th 2002, 5:20 am
Mrtravel

No. There is no space on the AOS form for how much money you owe in child support.
They don't run a credit check or otherwise check this information.

K wrote:
    >
    > Hi there He is back in work now, but we do owe back child support, i was just
    > wondering if this would have any effect on the aos and if it would be denied even
    > if he is paying off the back child support.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com