Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

STRESSED! Venting (Sorry!!)

STRESSED! Venting (Sorry!!)

Old Feb 11th 2012, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STRESSED! Venting (Sorry!!)

Just wanted to add good luck!
Old Feb 11th 2012, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tel8
Thank you jemima. I'm going to do my best not to panic before I speak to everyone, and fingers crossed I'll be able to get through the next few months while I wait to hear back from the London school. I think if I got in, I'd at least have somewhere to start... is it a good thing if they want to interview you? I submitted the application. Heard nothing. Then suddenly, they said they were "interested in [my] application" and wanted me to take a short writing test (I'm going for Journalism). I did, and now they want to interview me. *sigh* I swore after getting into college that I'd never go through all this runaround again, and now here I am like a headless chicken. Bother.
IMO it depends on where you would like to live and work after you've completed the program. If it's the UK...you would be best to study there...likewise with the US. FWIW I think your mixed up feelings are perfectly normal.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 2:59 am
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

@Jerseygirl: I was thinking that too, it's always easier to get educated in the market you want to work in. I think I'd like to start off in the UK- that's still my goal, so hopefully if all goes well with this interview, that's what I'll do
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

@Jerseygirl: I was thinking that too, it's always easier to get educated in the market you want to work in. I think I'd like to start off in the UK- that's still my goal, so hopefully if all goes well with this interview, that's what I'll do
I think I would put it the other way round...it's easier to find a job in the area you are educated in.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:16 pm
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

Had my interview today! The lady said I "seemed like the sort of person she'd like to have in her programme" OMG!!!! I've been over the moon all day
Fingers crossed this means a big fat yes, but I'm trying really really hard not to get my hopes up until I've got the final decision- no idea when that will be yet - probably end of the month or early March.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:24 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Had my interview today! The lady said I "seemed like the sort of person she'd like to have in her programme" OMG!!!! I've been over the moon all day
Fingers crossed this means a big fat yes, but I'm trying really really hard not to get my hopes up until I've got the final decision- no idea when that will be yet - probably end of the month or early March.
Congratulations
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sounds very promising...well done. Which uni was it?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:32 pm
is finally happy

It's Goldsmith's

I'm super hopeful I'd cross my toes if I could! I really like the programme- looks very very exciting and perfect for what I want
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations, remember British understatement! Sounds like you impressed her!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It's Goldsmith's

I'm super hopeful I'd cross my toes if I could! I really like the programme- looks very very exciting and perfect for what I want
Great! It's sounds like you impressed her so
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great! Well done!
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

keeping my fingers crossed for you
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:03 pm
is finally happy

Thank you everyone for you well wishes! I'll update as soon as I hear back
Old Feb 17th 2012, 1:05 pm
is finally happy

OH MY GOSH!!!! I've been made an offer!!! An actual offer!!! The only condition is to finish my undergraduate studies, and present my diploma! YES YES YES!!!

*calming down* Okay, so. As I understand it, I have 28 days to accept this offer right? I'm sure my parents will attempt to put me off for a bit, probably to wait and see what other ones come in from schools in the US, but Goldsmiths is the only UK school I applied to and I want to go there- really badly. I'm going home this afternoon, so does anyone have any advice on convincing loving, patriotic parents that letting their youngest go abroad is really the best idea? I know I can do it- I just have to get them to know it too, and trust me. I'm so excited though- so completely happy! No more stress
Old Feb 17th 2012, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

OH MY GOSH!!!! I've been made an offer!!! An actual offer!!! The only condition is to finish my undergraduate studies, and present my diploma! YES YES YES!!!

*calming down* Okay, so. As I understand it, I have 28 days to accept this offer right? I'm sure my parents will attempt to put me off for a bit, probably to wait and see what other ones come in from schools in the US, but Goldsmiths is the only UK school I applied to and I want to go there- really badly. I'm going home this afternoon, so does anyone have any advice on convincing loving, patriotic parents that letting their youngest go abroad is really the best idea? I know I can do it- I just have to get them to know it too, and trust me. I'm so excited though- so completely happy! No more stress
Wow!!! Congratulations.

Reassure them that you will keep in touch and go back to the US as often as possible. If the distance bothers them...remember the distance between them and the UK is about the same as moving to some states in the US. I'm in the NE...it's as far for me to travel to California as it is to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.