Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

STORM chasers

Wikiposts

STORM chasers

Old Jul 25th 2006, 1:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default STORM chasers

For those who like to see whats out there
http://www.ibiseye.com/betapublicsafeprimeb/index.aspx
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:08 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: STORM chasers

Thats pretty cool.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Thats pretty cool.
Interesting to go back and see the path of all the old storms ..
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
For those who like to see whats out there
http://www.ibiseye.com/betapublicsafeprimeb/index.aspx
That satisfied the geek in me for the day - thanks Ray
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:15 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you in your storm season now?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Are you in your storm season now?
Yeah, it's hurricane season
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by suzimc
Yeah, it's hurricane season
Love storms...though obviously know the damage they can do...

We had a tornado go through here last year...which was rare for Melbourne...fish and trees everywhere !

Remember sitting alone in my wooden house thinking WTF am I doing here...I'd only landed 2 weeks before
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Love storms...though obviously know the damage they can do...

We had a tornado go through here last year...which was rare for Melbourne...fish and trees everywhere !

Remember sitting alone in my wooden house thinking WTF am I doing here...I'd only landed 2 weeks before
I usually love them, and can be found on the deck in a thunderstomr just waiting to see the lightening strike. In the last few weeks we've had some huge ones though, luckily no tornados or hurricanes to speak of as yet (and touch wood none to come) but the thunder and lightening and flash flooding has had me running for the middle floors of our house a couple of times recently!

Got a bizarre picture of fish in trees in my head now...I know you said fish AND trees, but ....vivid imagination!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by suzimc
I usually love them, and can be found on the deck in a thunderstomr just waiting to see the lightening strike. In the last few weeks we've had some huge ones though, luckily no tornados or hurricanes to speak of as yet (and touch wood none to come) but the thunder and lightening and flash flooding has had me running for the middle floors of our house a couple of times recently!

Got a bizarre picture of fish in trees in my head now...I know you said fish AND trees, but ....vivid imagination!
LOL - yes, did say fish and trees.....fish in peoples gardens etc being blown from the sea

Have fun, not fear with them!!

Cas
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL - yes, did say fish and trees.....fish in peoples gardens etc being blown from the sea

Cas
I usually love 'em - I surprised myself when I got a fright
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Cas

Found a picture of the start......whole thing then the rains came too for 36 hours
Attached Thumbnails STORM chasers-storm.jpg  

Last edited by CasG; Jul 27th 2006 at 11:47 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Found a picture of the start......whole thing then the rains came too for 36 hours
What a great pic. I have some of the beginning of a storm that I took from our 18th floor apartment a few months ago, will try to dig them out at some point...