Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Starting a business in the US

Starting a business in the US

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a business in the US

Originally Posted by meauxna
I realize you may be just curious, but was it really worth the effort to make the post? The person is clearly passionate about his idea and has already put a lot of effort and research into it. What does it benefit for you to criticize with half-info?
It's not that there is no healthcare here, it just may not be the flavor you are used to. Hard to argue with the last part though.

I'm just sayin'.. the guy is asking a reasonable quesiton about opening a bank account, we got the visa quals established. I don't think he's going to rethink his plan because it looks stressful to you.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by barryauk
The US side of the business will be run by a close friend of mine who is a US citizen.

Could this guy not open an account?

I know this may not help as you don't wish to travel over, but when I moved over four months ago I could open an account as a non-resident. But I was here in person to show my passport etc. Although this was a personal and not a business account.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul_79
Could this guy not open an account?

I know this may not help as you don't wish to travel over, but when I moved over four months ago I could open an account as a non-resident. But I was here in person to show my passport etc. Although this was a personal and not a business account.
Opening a business account is a non issue.