Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Start Property Development Company For E2 Visa

Start Property Development Company For E2 Visa

Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Alex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really nice
Default Start Property Development Company For E2 Visa

Hi all

I have a small Property Development Company that I'm selling/closing in the UK, and i want to set up in the US(Nevada maybe haven't decided yet)

So my question can i get a E2 Visa with this company if it makes enough money meets requirements or is it a dead idea as i've heard of people being rejected when emigrating with these types of companies.

Alex
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start Property Development Company For E2 Visa

Check the immigration forums for advice...but the E2, can be alright, bit shit if you've a family though and all that, but the pro's/con's can be found in the wiki
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex125
Hi all

I have a small Property Development Company that I'm selling/closing in the UK, and i want to set up in the US(Nevada maybe haven't decided yet)

So my question can i get a E2 Visa with this company if it makes enough money meets requirements or is it a dead idea as i've heard of people being rejected when emigrating with these types of companies.

Alex
Have a read of this site
http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html

and for a mainly E-2 forum
www.thefloridaforums.com
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Alex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really niceAlex125 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Check the immigration forums for advice...but the E2, can be alright, bit shit if you've a family though and all that, but the pro's/con's can be found in the wiki
I have been looking around couldn't find any decent info on getting an E2 with this business type. I have no family to take care of so i'm fine there.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking around couldn't find any decent info on getting an E2 with this business type. I have no family to take care of so i'm fine there.
Start up business's are always the hardest ...
Better and easier if you can buy an existing business ..
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Ray i'd rather start up it would be easier than buying in my view (Just my view everyones might differ). Plus i like to start from scratch so i can control it from the beginning rather than getting to grips with what the person before me started.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:06 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Alex
don't sell but set up a subsiduary in the USA and give yourself a L1 visa...
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:07 pm
Ray

Ray i'd rather start up it would be easier than buying in my view (Just my view everyones might differ). Plus i like to start from scratch so i can control it from the beginning rather than getting to grips with what the person before me started.
Unfortunately what you want has no bearing on it ..
Its always what the consulate wants ...Remember you have to
invest the money before you apply for the visa ..

With a ready made business ..it can be a purchase subject to visa ..
Not so a start up ..
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:10 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy my property business if you like - $4.5mil
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Ray i can invest the money before applying the visa i made enough from the properties i have done, Just want to sell up or close the business no subsidiary as i don't plan on continuing the UK part of the business if i did do it that way. BritGuyTN no thank you not got that much.

Is there a forum for businesses starting up in US i've searched but it comes up with useless results.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:26 pm
Ray

Ray i can invest the money before applying the visa i made enough from the properties i have done, Just want to sell up or close the business no subsidiary as i don't plan on continuing the UK part of the business if i did do it that way. BritGuyTN no thank you not got that much.

Is there a forum for businesses starting up in US i've searched but it comes up with useless results.
States vary .. every state will have there own system ...
https://uitax.nvdetr.org/crppdf/application.pdf
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ray
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:31 pm
Mr. Grumpy

I was just kidding anyway

what are you looking to develop?

with no credit, no banking relationships you may have difficulties getting started in development over here....
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:32 pm
Ray

Thanks Ray
Of course you also have to think of Licences, permit ..and all the
other red tape ... believe me it never ends ..
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Of course you also have to think of Licences, permit ..and all the
other red tape ... believe me it never ends ..
Yes i heard it harder than the UK to set up and i found where to get licenses, permits Etc etc etc.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.