Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

standard of living usa

standard of living usa

Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:08 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: standard of living usa

Incidentally, we just got our gas & electric bill for the month of May. $37 doesn't seem that much to me...
Old Jun 7th 2005, 6:09 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Conway7
Is "Bogpuss" (Bagpuss?) a triping error teach?
Is "triping error" a typing error?
Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:50 am
Cushtie Geezer

Conway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Is "triping error" a typing error?
Oh I think everybody got the malapropism first time around!!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:23 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, we just got our gas & electric bill for the month of May. $37 doesn't seem that much to me...
You mean they bill you separately for the gas & electric to the barbecue?

Our combined gas & electric for May came to $170... but January was $350 because we actually used the gas heating!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 12:28 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

EVERYBODY DOWN AGAIN! There's an intellectual loose in the room!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:13 pm
Cushtie Geezer

Conway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dbj1000
EVERYBODY DOWN AGAIN! There's an intellectual loose in the room!
Anything but Guv, however, don't let me spoil the illusion!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Our combined gas & electric for May came to $170... but January was $350 because we actually used the gas heating!
Does everyone of this board live in palaces and chateaux?!?!
Our combined gas and electric comes to $40 a month!!!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:39 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Dant3
Does everyone of this board live in palaces and chateaux?!?!
Our combined gas and electric comes to $40 a month!!!
Me too - see above.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's nae gas in maine, have to get propane tanks if you want to use gas...and electric is about $30 a month here, but then it's bound to go up now we're using the window fans...
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Me too - see above.
Yeah...and we're supposed to live in the most expensive places in the country!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:51 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Dant3
Yeah...and we're supposed to live in the most expensive places in the country!
Maybe it's because we live in the most expensive parts of the country... we can't afford a decent sized house so we save on our gas and electric bills

Every cloud...
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:51 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

I didn't...
Old Jun 7th 2005, 4:59 pm
ImHere

Maybe it's because we live in the most expensive parts of the country... we can't afford a decent sized house so we save on our gas and electric bills

Every cloud...

2000 sq foot house in South Florida. We have no gas so just electric for everything. Winter bill circa $80 per month (AC off most of the time) Spring/ Summer/ Fall bills Circa $300 per month as AC on virtually 24/7 just to keep the place at about 76f and humidity under 70%. If we dont do this the mould takes over in short order.

Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:07 pm
Cushtie Geezer

I didn't...
Never mind eh!

The original thread is back on track again, so no more detours for my part anyway.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImHere
2000 sq foot house in South Florida. We have no gas so just electric for everything. Winter bill circa $80 per month (AC off most of the time) Spring/ Summer/ Fall bills Circa $300 per month as AC on virtually 24/7 just to keep the place at about 76f and humidity under 70%. If we dont do this the mould takes over in short order.
I'm glazing over at my desk experiencing a mild seizure as I try to imagine what 2000 sq feet looks like...my apartment, plus the neighbours apartment, add the yard and the garage and part of the street...all in one house. I'm drooling on myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.