Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stalking a celeb

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I met Jim McDonald from corrie once
can he dance ?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
That really is a shame! The last episode I saw with him in it was him and his new girlfriend going on vacation - so he's been written out now?
He wanted to retire from Corrie, and thats the way they have written him out, I did read that he will die in Ken Barlow's arms.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:22 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
can he dance ?
Not as far as I'm aware, but after I asked him 50 times why he wasn't still inside (his character on the show was banged up at the time) he nearly punched me in the face if that's of any relevance.

Since moving to Chicago my celeb run-ins have gone from strength to strength and I have not met Michael Jordan, Kanye West, Chevy Chase, Al Capone, Oprah, Jerry Springer or David Schwimmer.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
, I did read that he will die in Ken Barlow's arms.
"oh.... I just died in Kens arms tonight" great song

Last edited by Eskimo; Mar 22nd 2006 at 10:49 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

mandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nice

Originally Posted by woodsey
Meeting Robbie Williams though, I wasn't going to let that one go and I was as cool as a cucumber.
He is the only person I really want to meet!!! Friends of his were saying that he goes to Chateau Marmont every Friday night. I think I know where I'll be staying next time in LA.

The same night of the Rachel Stevens embarrassment, after about nine cosmos, I thought it was a good idea to freak Suge Knight in the middle of the Four Seasons bar. Luckily, he found it mildly amusing.

How do you know all these showbiz types and when you going to introduce us? I'm sure old Madge would enjoy the Olde Ship now that she's a proper brit!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:43 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandeeuk
The same night of the Rachel Stevens embarrassment, after about nine cosmos, I thought it was a good idea to freak Suge Knight in the middle of the Four Seasons bar. Luckily, he found it mildly amusing.
Presumably you know that he found it mildly amusing because you are still alive to tell the tale.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandeeuk
He is the only person I really want to meet!!! Friends of his were saying that he goes to Chateau Marmont every Friday night. I think I know where I'll be staying next time in LA.

How do you know all these showbiz types and when you going to introduce us? I'm sure old Madge would enjoy the Olde Ship now that she's a proper brit!

We have met them all through a friend that me and my hubby used to work with in the Jobcentre years ago, he ended up working for Guy Richie years ago and the rest is history, as they say.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
"oh.... I just died Kens armed tonight" great song
LOL..
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:55 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I've yet to see a celebrity in NYC and I go there frequently.
During the year we actually lived in Manhattan (on the upper west side, home to stacks of celebs, apparently) we saw nobody famous at all - however, when I landed at JFK to begin my life here I saw Lionel Richie at the baggage claim, as he'd apparently been on my flight. Since moving out of NYC we've had countless trips into the city and the only celeb we've spotted was the actress Julia Stiles, walking down 42nd street.

Lived in London three and a half years and didn't do much better there - however I did once see Des Lynam walking his dog by the Thames in Hammersmith and he treated me to an avuncular wink. (and yes I have spelled that right)

Last edited by elfman; Mar 22nd 2006 at 10:58 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

mandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Presumably you know that he found it mildly amusing because you are still alive to tell the tale.
He seemed quite lovely for a murderer.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:32 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I have met a couple of celebs in the US but I went to see them at book signings whereby I proceeded to have a good but short chat. The first was Tony Bourdain who was promoting his yet to be broadcast TV series (the one when he travels the world eating all manner of things). I chatted to him about buying whole fish in the US and I asked him if he knew Gordon Ramsey which he did (which makes sense 'cos the two have somewhat similar personalities).

Then, in 2004 I met Alton Brown (TV chef) and I asked him what he thought about Emeril and I'm afraid I can't really repeat in public what he thought of him!

When I lived in London, I saw celebs from time to time but the oddest celeb sighting was when me and my other half went to a upscale restaurant round the corner from where we lived at the time for some celebration meal (can't remember the occasion). Anyway, it was a Sunday lunchtime and we were part way through our meal when George Michael and his (male) partner walk in and got seated. I noticed GM from the corner of my eye but after about 10 mins I swear I could hear a buzz around the restaurant because other diners were whispering, "Oh. That's George Michael over there" and stuff like that. I believe he had a flat nearby the restaurant.

The restaurant itself has celeb connections 'cos it's part owned by a member (maybe former?) of Depeche Mode.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sat next to Roger Daltrey when we were waiting for our Visas at the American Embassy in London in '96.

Hubby met Paul McCartney at his company MPL Communications in London. Paul sent us some signed photos and also some of his drawings.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:58 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

go to Harrod's around Xmas time.... sure to bump into someone there! My brother worked there once during the xmas season way back - robin williams, cher, clapton, rod st. annie lennox and Di were just some he saw in a week. Once had a pint with Palin, fairly amusing time. A friend of mine had a couple of whiskeys with Bono in Dublin while she was over there doing a thesis study. Another friend of mine was a neighbour to David Byrne in London; she had lived there for over a year and didn't even know who he was until we were all in the lift together one day!!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I've come across a couple of celebs via my old work. Cant tell you who though.

As for bumping into them in the street I wouldnt recognise 99% of them if I did...I'd be like "Oh did you know you look a bit like so-and-so?".
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by elfman
...Lived in London three and a half years and didn't do much better there - however I did once see Des Lynam walking his dog by the Thames in Hammersmith and he treated me to an avuncular wink. (and yes I have spelled that right)
How else would you spell avuncular?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.