St Paul MN

Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

cat803 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default St Paul MN

I'm currently living in the UK (have never spent significant time abroad) but have been accepted to do a year of post grad study in St Paul MN. This was not one of my top choices, and I had never really considered it (I considered New York, Philadelphia, California and Seattle).

I'm really unsure of what to do - go for the year or stay in the UK. If I choose not to go to St Paul, I won't be accepted into any other universities in the USA. What are your opinions/advantages and disadvantages of moving to St Paul?

(I'm female, early 20s and would be travelling alone)
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:36 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St Paul MN

I'm really unsure of what to do - go for the year or stay in the UK. If I choose not to go to St Paul, I won't be accepted into any other universities in the USA.
Ever? Or just for a year or two?
Old Apr 20th 2015, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

cat803 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by username.exe
Ever? Or just for a year or two?
For two years (part of programme requirements if you don't accept what you're given) but if I want to go I think it has to be now, and not in two years (I'll be more settled in UK with career/housing etc)
Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Go, absolutely go! It'll be a great experience, and one that seems petulant to give up just because it wasn't high on your list of places to go.

Tip: familiarize yourself with L.L.Bean and shortly after you arrive (I am assuming late summer) buy yourself the thickest, most heavily insulated coat you can find, plus insulated pants, plus the sort of hat, gloves, socks, and boots that you need to trek to the north pole, plus fleece jacket liners and thermal underwear, and expect to wear all of your purchases at the same time because next winter it will get colder in Minnesota than you ever imagined possible!

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 20th 2015 at 11:07 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2015, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Geezer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Minneapolis St Paul is one of the most underrated cities in America.

Personally I would choose Minneapolis over Phillie or Seattle.