Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

St Patrick's Day - why all the fuss?

Wikiposts

St Patrick's Day - why all the fuss?

Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:02 am
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St Patrick's Day - why all the fuss?

Originally Posted by Bob
across the board or just in certain areas?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4464284.stm
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:24 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
Yeah i noticed the whole green beer thing too! When i asked a native they told me it is what the Irish drink! I of course responded with, oh yeah I always see green beer when i have been to Ireland (I am half Irish and have yet to see a green pint of beer!), they thought i was being serious and seemed well chuffed with themselves, when I asked about Guinness, they then asked is that a whisky or something? I then explained it was stout, (again puzzled looks!) so then I had to explain it was a type of beer/ale, so they were like, oh so its like bud, is it green then? I then decided the best course of action was to walk away before i ended up slapping them about the head repeatedly and making them ingest the green beer going backwards to the normal digestive course! Every day over here leaves me more and more puzzled as to how this country became one of the more powerful in the world!
Ah another who's half Irish like me I have never drinken any green beer...don't they just add food coloring or something?

That story about the Guiness is hilarious ROTFL I'd like to visit Ireland someday!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:24 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
and then poop green in the morning...what an image...
:scared:
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
Yeah i noticed the whole green beer thing too! When i asked a native they told me it is what the Irish drink! I of course responded with, oh yeah I always see green beer when i have been to Ireland (I am half Irish and have yet to see a green pint of beer!), they thought i was being serious and seemed well chuffed with themselves, when I asked about Guinness, they then asked is that a whisky or something? I then explained it was stout, (again puzzled looks!) so then I had to explain it was a type of beer/ale, so they were like, oh so its like bud, is it green then? I then decided the best course of action was to walk away before i ended up slapping them about the head repeatedly and making them ingest the green beer going backwards to the normal digestive course! Every day over here leaves me more and more puzzled as to how this country became one of the more powerful in the world!
That's hilarious.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:21 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcapulet
Ah another who's half Irish like me I have never drinken any green beer...don't they just add food coloring or something?

That story about the Guiness is hilarious ROTFL I'd like to visit Ireland someday!
Yeah I presume it's food colouring (UK spelling! ) and I would definitely go to Ireland, beautiful country and friendly people (well the ones i have met). Have thought about maybe retiring over there (plenty of time yet though )