Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

St George's Day

St George's Day

Old Apr 17th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default St George's Day

With St George's day looming next friday I was wondering, do ex pats celebrate their respective saint's days more now they are over here than they ever did back home ? I for one got growls for singing God Save the Queen at 4 am during the rugby world cup final LOL
Old Apr 17th 2004, 4:24 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St George's Day

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
With St George's day looming next friday I was wondering, do ex pats celebrate their respective saint's days more now they are over here than they ever did back home ? I for one got growls for singing God Save the Queen at 4 am during the rugby world cup final LOL
For me I find myself celebrating St. George's Day exactly the same as I did back in Blighty - just another day. Not until the day is sponsored by Bass or Newcastle Brown will it be anything different.

I look forward to that happening
Old Apr 17th 2004, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Its my birthday. So I celebrate it every year. I was always a bit miffed that we paid more attention to St Paddys day than St George. Almost like it was offensive to some people to be patriotic.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 6:00 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not even sure there is a St Andrews day
These holidays are just another day to most people...Columbus day over here is all about shopping rather than the celebration of the guy who was the 5000th person to land on the Americas and started a mass genocide.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 6:05 pm
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

St. Andrew's Day is the 30th of November and St David's, the 1st of March.

But best of all, it's St. Monster's day every day Have a beer!
Old Apr 18th 2004, 3:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Good day 23 April....William Shakespeare celebrates his 400 birthday....and the poor bugger died on hs birthday too..aged 52..
It will be my birthday too..hopefully I won't die that day as well..
I wonder how many pairs of socks I will get this year..