Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

SSN & motor vehicles - JUST THE FACTS

Wikiposts

SSN & motor vehicles - JUST THE FACTS

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:51 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SSN & motor vehicles - JUST THE FACTS

Why would anyone buy a vehicle when they are here on a VWP?? Wouldn't a rental be a better option?

Sounds dodgy to me.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 2:58 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

To confirm, the business activities permitted under the VWP include:

1) Participate in commercial business transactions which do not involve gainful employment in the U.S, for example, negotiating contracts or consulting with business associates. You cannot receive a salary or wages from a U.S. source

2) Participate in scientific, educational, professional or business conventions, conferences or seminars

3) Conduct independent research

4) Appear as a witness in a court trial
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:14 am
Just Joined

hemichrysler is just really nicehemichrysler is just really nicehemichrysler is just really nicehemichrysler is just really nicehemichrysler is just really nicehemichrysler is just really nicehemichrysler is just really nicehemichrysler is just really nice

It's a shame, at least to me, that this thread got derailed into being about me rather than about titling motor vehciles.

I'm not a frequent user of this site, so maybe I've got it wrong. It does seem to me, however, that there are certain people, unfortunately regulars, whose purpose here seems to be to attempt to intimidate or humiliate new people. You should be ashamed of yourselves for behaving in that way.

Ray, Pete, and fatbrit ... a trio of nasties.

You guys set yourself up as experts and put down other people. You didn't know anything about me, or how my company was earning money. All I will write is that it doesn't count as salary, and it wasn't illegal.

Elvira ... aways helpful, the jewel of this forum.

rincewind... I'm definitely diseased! I did hire a car for 2 weeks, but at $20 per day that's not tenable. I paid $200 for my F-150, another $100 in parts, and $160 on a new windshield. Now why would I want to rent? I completely agree with your second post where you detailed accepted business activities under the VWP.

Final comment, which is why I'm posting this now, is that I was granted a 10 year B1 visa today.

It must have been a telly prog.

RS
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:24 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by hemichrysler

I'm not a frequent user of this site, so maybe I've got it wrong. It does seem to me, however, that there are certain people, unfortunately regulars, whose purpose here seems to be to attempt to intimidate or humiliate new people. You should be ashamed of yourselves for behaving in that way.
No, you got it right. Newbie baiting is a great pastime for those of us bored shitless in the USA.Ashamed?? Only at missed opportunitiesor being beaten by another to the kill.

You only scratched the surface mate.

You guys set yourself up as experts and put down other people.
Good to know standards have dropped during my sabatical.

Elvira ... aways helpful, the jewel of this forum.
Nope...she was the bait in the honey trap

rincewind... I'm definitely diseased! I did hire a car for 2 weeks, but at $20 per day that's not tenable. I paid $200 for my F-150, another $100 in parts, and $160 on a new windshield.
An admirer of quality I see

Final comment, which is why I'm posting this now, is that I was granted a 10 year B1 visa today.
Well done that visa will last you about 20 times longer than the truck will.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:25 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Who's Pete?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Who's Pete?
Whoever they are ..they are nasty ...
Does he think we know nothing about E2s ..
How many do you reckon you and I have followed ..100-200
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:30 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Who's Pete?
The company Director is dyslexic...he meant "Rete".
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:33 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
The company Director is dyslexic...he meant "Rete".
The company director is an idiot.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I paid $200 for my F-150, another $100 in parts, and $160 on a new windshield. .
Not quite a hemi ....

you forgot to mention the Insurance ...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:38 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
Whoever they are ..they are nasty ...
Does he think we know nothing about E2s ..
How many do you reckon you and I have followed ..100-200
He wants to piss about with US immigration law, he'll get burned. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But it'll probably hit the fan eventually. I write the warnings not for him since he's a pig-headed idiot who'll do it his way whatever, but rather for others who read the thread and, with little knowledge, will try to follow his silly path.

Not speaking for myself, Hemi-twat, Ray and Rete are two of the most knowledgeable posters on this board in the area of immigration matters. Your problem is that they have a personality and aren't saying what you want to hear.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:40 am
Ray

Not speaking for myself, Hemi-twat, Ray and Rete are two of the most knowledgeable posters on this board in the area of immigration matters. Your problem is that they have a personality and aren't saying what you want to hear.
Well Rete is ...but I do know the E-2 very well ...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

B1 is pretty useless, you still have to get past POE, and they generally don't stamp the stay for more than 6 months, so it's only a bandage solution.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:47 am
Ray

Originally Posted by Bob
B1 is pretty useless, you still have to get past POE, and they generally don't stamp the stay for more than 6 months, so it's only a bandage solution.
But he can change status from that
E-2ers try that to screw the system ..forgetting they will be landlocked .
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:49 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bob
Don't be silly Bob! B1 is only half a step below USC. If you can start and run a business and buy and run truck on a VWP, imagine what you can do on a B1! He's got this immigration lark solved, clever boy.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 4:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
But he can change status from that
E-2ers try that to screw the system ..forgetting they will be landlocked .
true, change of status is one thing, but it ain't the visa, so yeah, anyone gets sick or dies back home, you either don't go see them, or you can't come back in...and does limit where you can go on holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.