SS question

Old Sep 20th 2001, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

bc_39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just wondering if there has been any changes made in the past 3 months about a K-1 getting their SS number. A friend of mine applied recently, they are giving her the run around really bad. Just curious if there have been changes or if this is part of the same old crap.

I gave her a copy of the Memo, told her to try a different office, talk to the supervisor etc.

Just curious if theres been changes or not.
Old Sep 20th 2001, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

minxyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SS Card

My fiance and I went to our local SS office and was informed that we had to have the EAD in hand first before a card could be given.

She called the INS office while we waited as we too had the Memo and Law code. *didn't help*

Though it was not trouble getting the EAD we then went down and again applied with no problem very friendly as well.

Three days later we called received his number over the phone and also received his card that day as well..

We went through West Chester Pa office... Philadelphia INS office...
Old Sep 22nd 2001, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

we had no difficulties at all when we went in but that could have been because a girl in the office had recently been throught the immigration process. Good luck and you may want to try else where.