Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Square letters

Square letters

Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:45 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Square letters

Originally Posted by TruBrit
me too

sleepy naples as she calls it.

Is she cute?
Is she bored?
Can I have her phone number?

Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

If they (USPS) can charge extra for square letters then maybe the airlines will start to sort out the ridiculous amount and size of carry-on that people bring onto flights....
Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Is she cute?
Is she bored?
Can I have her phone number?

yes

yes

no
Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:23 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira

First year we were here all our Christmas cards were returned to us because they were square.

So they somehow managed to send them back to us, but not to the intended recipients...
We just had a similar problem this past Christmas, we sent a bunch of cards to the UK........ 1 was returned to us for an extra 40c postage. No others were returned, and all other cards arrived fine in the UK.

I could have understood the extra postage if the one card was different somehow, but it was the exact same card, the only difference was the address written on the front of it.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 1:48 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in the UK the local post office refused to take a birthday card I was sending because it was in a yellow envelope, I was told it would mess with the postman's eyes. I asked if it was just yellow and they told me know, anything other than white or brown.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 3:28 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
My children sent off their thank-you notes to England which cost 13c extra each because they were square

Anyone know why?
Odd shaped mail has always, at least during the >4 yrs I've lived here, has been surcharged like that. The UK recently (in 2006) adopted a similar policy with mail. It sucks 'cos I bought lots of UK charity Christmas cards and some are not a standard (rectangular) size.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 14th 2007, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lynne
When I lived in the UK the local post office refused to take a birthday card I was sending because it was in a yellow envelope, I was told it would mess with the postman's eyes. I asked if it was just yellow and they told me know, anything other than white or brown.
haha that's so funny and someone was taking the michael with you for sure