Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa - but no job offers

Spouse Visa - but no job offers

Old Feb 24th 2002, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

bwelburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa - but no job offers

Hi,

We are currently going through the Spouse Visa process at the American Embassy in London.

When we originally started the I-130 process my wife (US Citizen) was going to have a job offer.

Our plans have changed slightly and now it is possible that she will not have a job offer before we move to USA.

We have a co-sponsor (father-in-law). Will the lack of a job offer for my wife count against us when we get to the interview stage at the American Embassy? (we should have more than $50000 in savings to take with us).

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2002, 6:45 pm
Shelley

Default Re: Spouse Visa - but no job offers

Not having a job should not affect the application. As long as you can meet the
financial requirements, either with assets (you would need 5x125% of poverty) or
co-sponsor, that's all that matters. Take Care. Shelley

"bwelburn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are currently going through the Spouse Visa process at the American Embassy
    > in London.
    >
    > When we originally started the I-130 process my wife (US Citizen) was going to have
    > a job offer.
    >
    > Our plans have changed slightly and now it is possible that she will not have a job
    > offer before we move to USA.
    >
    > We have a co-sponsor (father-in-law). Will the lack of a job offer for my wife
    > count against us when we get to the interview stage at the American Embassy? (we
    > should have more than $50000 in savings to take with us).
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Brian
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 27th 2002, 8:26 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa - but no job offers

My friend (German Citizen) went through this a couple of years ago when she and her husband (US Citizen) moved to the US. He didn't have employment lined up and her father-in-law acted as a co-sponser. She said it all went quite smoothly.

Sue