Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Spouse of a person with H-1B

Spouse of a person with H-1B

Old Nov 25th 2001, 9:02 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 10
manouelian is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently with H-1B Visa in USA. I am to get married in a few months. What would the status of my wife become once we get married? Will she be able to work? Thank you!
manouelian is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2001, 10:20 pm
Posts: n/a

Mrs.H-1B ? H-1B'stress ? La Esposa ? Mi Mujer ? Dah Wooman ? Hard to say.. Unless you
do something more active (didn't mean that way..) than simply marrying her, her
status would change nothing beyond that of your spouse.

If she doesn't, the rule of thumb allows you to use a cane (on your spouse) that is
no thicker than your own thumb.
Old Nov 26th 2001, 11:45 am
Andy Platt
Posts: n/a

Where is your wife now? Assuming she is outside the US, she would be eligible for an
H-4 visa to come and live here. She would not be able to work in that status though.


I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.