Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Southern Girls for a single guy...

Southern Girls for a single guy...

Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southern Girls for a single guy...

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Okay Dakota - I'm sorry - I have to ask ... are you taking the piss or did you run across some downright slutty girls? I can't imagine a group of girls inviting a random guy home (no matter how cute or charming he may be) and then taking turns for a week????

Edited to add - Uga's comment made me wonder if we were talking about the decade of free love, in which case it seems more likely.

Absolute truth. Those were the free love days. They pretty well went from the 60's into the early 70's. And while my appearance may be average today, I was far from it then. Damn the years. They were really nice gals, just horny.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Absolute truth. Those were the free love days. They pretty well went from the 60's into the early 70's. And while my appearance may be average today, I was far from it then. Damn the years. They were really nice gals, just horny.
Just a different time then I guess. Sad to say but today that would seem very dangerous rather than just youths being a bit crazy.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a different time then I guess. Sad to say but today that would seem very dangerous rather than just youths being a bit crazy.
If I was that age today, 28 is what I was, I'd have second thoughts about being as active. You didn't need to worry about aids then, and certainly std's were not as common as they are now. They existed, but nowhere near todays rate.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

If I was that age today, 28 is what I was, I'd have second thoughts about being as active. You didn't need to worry about aids then, and certainly std's were not as common as they are now. They existed, but nowhere near todays rate.
True. I was even thinking beyond STDs to the danger of girls inviting a man they didn't know home ... because you were only interested in a little fun and didn't mean them any harm ... but that wouldn't always be the case, you know?

But don't mind me, I'm a goody two shoes.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

True. I was even thinking beyond STDs to the danger of girls inviting a man they didn't know home ... because you were only interested in a little fun and didn't mean them any harm ... but that wouldn't always be the case, you know?

But don't mind me, I'm a goody two shoes.

Yes, that was less prevalent then too. In some ways it was a safer time. The girl at the hotel had the opportunity to get an idea of what I was like for the three days I stayed there. So she felt comfortable and convinced the other girls.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:05 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wicked

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We're at number 6 because "1/3 of the city is between ages 20-35."

However.... I'd be willing to bet good money that a higher percentage of English girls and women would do a one-nighter than American girls and women. I'd really hate this guy to think his holiday wasn't the best cos he didn't pull every night.
theres two parts to this

1. would he pull

2. would the girl do a one nighter

#1 is much more likely in nashville than the uk - by a factor of 5

#2 is more interesting - it may be the same or slightly less
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:06 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
The OP is in his mid-20's. I can tell you that I'm still close to that range and would definitely prefer Atlanta over Nashville, even though Nashville has made great improvements in the urban core.
Yes, I've seen MASSIVE improvements in the urban core in Nashville, but its still a bit crap

Thankfully its improving more than I could have ever imagined
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:01 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

This turned into quite an entertaining thread, some good stories! Seems like it's a toss up between Atlanta and Nashville with Nashville being the place where there would be a less diverse population (more Southern dolls!) and Atlanta being the best place for the clubs.

The club thing is tricky, we both prefer R&B music when clubbing or a bit of cheesy Abba type stuff but as long as people are dancing it's all good. Not so keen on the hard core boom boom boom dance music stuff. Problem with being into R&B over here is that I get the impression R&B clubs are generally quite heavily populated by black people which, whilst I am not racist in any way, would make me feel uncomfortable as I would be a minority.

Happy to be corrected....
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
as evidenced by 3 of my wifes hot girlfriends getting dumped in the last fortnight by decidedly average blokes.
Fear Not, Manc shall be in Lavergne next week no doubt......
Old Apr 12th 2008, 7:18 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2
This turned into quite an entertaining thread, some good stories! Seems like it's a toss up between Atlanta and Nashville with Nashville being the place where there would be a less diverse population (more Southern dolls!) and Atlanta being the best place for the clubs.

The club thing is tricky, we both prefer R&B music when clubbing or a bit of cheesy Abba type stuff but as long as people are dancing it's all good. Not so keen on the hard core boom boom boom dance music stuff. Problem with being into R&B over here is that I get the impression R&B clubs are generally quite heavily populated by black people which, whilst I am not racist in any way, would make me feel uncomfortable as I would be a minority.

Happy to be corrected....
You'd be surprised how many middle and upper middle class white kids are into the scene. You aren't the only ones. Believe it or not the white middle class is what's keeping the Hip-Hop\R&B music industry alive as they are the majority purchasers of the music. It's not uncommon down south in that area to hear that music coming from a white kid's car as it is a black one. Plus you'll find the same mix in Nashville for that style of music. Your best bet would be to check out the local radio stations and see what acts they are promoting in the area to get a feel of the general flavor of each city and what appeals to you.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lj2;6196222]OK, so I am having a friend come visit in Feb 09 and we are planning on heading to Dallas for a few days (or maybe somewhere else in Texas as I here Austin is good - he just likes the Cowboys and loves the idea of Texas).

QUOTE]

You have been watching too many movies

I have been to texas a few times, just cos you like the Cowboys don't make it a good place to go .... It isn't so good
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

And while my appearance may be average today, I was far from it then.
Oh FFS
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Oh FFS
It was his zoot suit ....lol....

Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Well I never.....

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
nashville - no hands down

due to a large gay community, women of the age group significantly outnumber straight men

as evidenced by 3 of my wifes hot girlfriends getting dumped in the last fortnight by decidedly average blokes.

and nashville girls are definitely sluttier than girls from ATL
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
yeesh. More like my long hair and slight hippie aura. Among other things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.