Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Southern Girls for a single guy...

Southern Girls for a single guy...

Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:26 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Southern Girls for a single guy...

OK, so I am having a friend come visit in Feb 09 and we are planning on heading to Dallas for a few days (or maybe somewhere else in Texas as I here Austin is good - he just likes the Cowboys and loves the idea of Texas).

We then want to fly to another very southern type place before coming back up to Chicago. Again, for a few days, but somewhere that we would be able to go clubbing and he (I am in a relationship!) would be able to meet fun loving proper Southern American girls (I guess 21 - 25).... any ideas?

I have heard Knoxville suggested and some place in New Mexico but I cannot find anything online to suggest either are any good....

Appreciate the help if anyone is able!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:30 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southern Girls for a single guy...

Originally Posted by lj2 View Post
OK, so I am having a friend come visit in Feb 09 and we are planning on heading to Dallas for a few days (or maybe somewhere else in Texas as I here Austin is good - he just likes the Cowboys and loves the idea of Texas).

We then want to fly to another very southern type place before coming back up to Chicago. Again, for a few days, but somewhere that we would be able to go clubbing and he (I am in a relationship!) would be able to meet fun loving proper Southern American girls (I guess 21 - 25).... any ideas?

I have heard Knoxville suggested and some place in New Mexico but I cannot find anything online to suggest either are any good....

Appreciate the help if anyone is able!
Atlanta baby! More clubs you can shake a stick at.

Go Dawgs! Sic'em Woof Woof Woof

I went to the University of Georgia and know the ATL scene is pretty good. If you want off the beaten path then go to Athens, GA. There's a college scene there and you might meet some there. They might be too young but it's a good city nonetheless. Plus you'll see where REM and the B52's got their start.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:33 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ugacrew View Post
Atlanta baby! More clubs you can shake a stick at.

Go Dawgs! Sic'em Woof Woof Woof

I went to the University of Georgia and know the ATL scene is pretty good. If you want off the beaten path then go to Athens, GA. There's a college scene there and you might meet some there. They might be too young but it's a good city nonetheless. Plus you'll see where REM and the B52's got their start.
Thanks for the reply (and for any others that follow!) Off the beaten path is ideal, but if Atlanta is where the action is at... ultimately it'll be his decision, but I need to give him a few options!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:00 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2 View Post
Thanks for the reply (and for any others that follow!) Off the beaten path is ideal, but if Atlanta is where the action is at... ultimately it'll be his decision, but I need to give him a few options!
nashville - no hands down

due to a large gay community, women of the age group significantly outnumber straight men

as evidenced by 3 of my wifes hot girlfriends getting dumped in the last fortnight by decidedly average blokes.

and nashville girls are definitely sluttier than girls from ATL
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:02 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN View Post

due to a large gay community, women of the age group significantly outnumber straight men

as evidenced by 3 of my wifes hot girlfriends getting dumped in the last fortnight by decidedly average blokes.

Say wha???
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:04 am
Riding on silver wings

Brit and I show a bias obviously. However the club scene is legendary in ATL than in Nashville. The ATL is where the Dirty South is. Think Lil John, Usher, and and others. It's a party scene up in there.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:18 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Brit and I show a bias obviously. However the club scene is legendary in ATL than in Nashville. The ATL is where the Dirty South is. Think Lil John, Usher, and and others. It's a party scene up in there.
Theres several ways of looking at this

To a Brit, club scene generally means dance club. Nashville is shit for this. I have no idea what ATL is like

http://www.liljononline.com/ is personally not my cup of tea. In fact after listening to the music and looking at the website, if I saw the bloke walking down the street towards me I would double check to make sure my piece was readily accessible just in case he tried to sell me some ridiculous gold jewelry. different strokes for different folks

Nashville is full of bars ultra trendy/relaxed/dive etc where the girls put out

I've never partied in Atlanta but i can say girls in nashville are much more up for it than in

Miami
Chicago
San Fran
San Diego
LA
Memphis
Knoxville
St Louis
Indianapolis
Portland

Last edited by BritGuyTN; Apr 12th 2008 at 3:22 am.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I have to go with Nashville. Although Atlanta would be a second choice.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:24 am
Mr. Grumpy

Default Wicked

A year or so old but....

http://www.maximonline.com/articles/...aspx?a_id=7349

number 4 party city USA....!

Not so sure about milwaukee ?!

San Fran is my personal biggest dissapointment ever for nightlife

Me and a mate went there a couple of weekends ago - my wife described it as two guys going out as through it was their bacjelor party, but no-one was getting married

Last edited by BritGuyTN; Apr 12th 2008 at 3:29 am.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Underground Atlanta still going well there? I was there....I'm not saying how long ago. Had a blast underground. Was going into this one bar, gorgeous greeter at the door. I asked her where the Mens Room was..she started to tell me, and then said she would show me. I followed her and said thanks when I went in. When I came out, she was still there, waiting for me. Walked back to the bar, asked what time she finished work, waited until she did and off we went. An amazing night of awesome sex.
And two more days of it.

Funniest part, I was there for a National JC's convention and was sharing a room with a guy. I locked him out. lol He was banging on the door and I told him to go away. he had to sleep on a sofa in the lobby.

But it actually got even better.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:28 am
Riding on silver wings

Theres several ways of looking at this

To a Brit, club scene generally means dance club. Nashville is shit for this. I have no idea what ATL is like

http://www.liljononline.com/ is personally not my cup of tea

Nashville is full of bars ultra trendy/relaxed/dive etc where the girls put out

I've never partied in Atlanta but i can say girls in nashville are much more up for it than in

Miami
Chicago
San Fran
San Diego
LA
Memphis
Knoxville
St Louis
Indianapolis
Portland
When you say dance are you thinking trance like Tiesto or VanBuren? More oft then not they do make an appearance there to some of the 'underground' places. I'd also like to say that Atlanta has a really diverse population that isn't really reflective of the rest of the state. It's very cosmopolitan but the southern accent is there. Being a USC, I consider this the capital of the south with cities like Nashville, Charlotte, and Birmingham being second tier cities. I'd google Atlanta and I'd also look up your favorite artist via MySpace to see if they have a gig there. As a college student and someone with family there I have heard enough of the nightlife there. It's more than the artists that I mentioned above, although they can get a club crunk. You're main focus should be the Buckhead area where there are various demographics that come together to make it quite unique.

EDIT: Take note that the guy above me is a 60 something guy who hasn't been to Atlanta in a while.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EDIT: Take note that the guy above me is a 60 something guy who hasn't been to Atlanta in a while.
Shush you. I'd still go back to Atlanta. Liked it there, except for almost every other street was Peachtree something or other. How to get lost easy.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:32 am
Mr. Grumpy

check this site out for different party cities

http://nashville.napkinnights.com/index.php

looking at some of the pics makes me almost wish I was 5 years younger and single
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Underground Atlanta. Which is really underground, by the way.

http://www.underground-atlanta.com/n...nys-alley.html

http://www.underground-atlanta.com/content/view/13/33/
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:37 am
Riding on silver wings

Here is a Google search of dance clubs in Atlanta. Note that they are in the North Central part of Atlanta which is a pretty good area and eclectic.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...e-results&cd=1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.