Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

South Carolina Drivers License + other general questions

South Carolina Drivers License + other general questions

Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Carolina Drivers License + other general questions

Originally Posted by tony126
.... They call this 'parallel parking' ....
That's funny, it;s called the same thing in Britain!
Old Dec 6th 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That's funny, it;s called the same thing in Britain!
I'll accept what you say but I cannot recall hearing the term myself. Probably due to 'old timers'.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Haroulli is on a distinguished road

I'll accept what you say but I cannot recall hearing the term myself. Probably due to 'old timers'.
Guys stop fighting! Its actually called "parking" or "gonna reverse it into there" or "do u think that space will fit the car?" or "Don't worry it'll go in"

After the 3 times i've been to the states its apparant that people in SC don't really know how to park so they just make spaces big enough for a Panzer in the hope they wont knock anything down when parking
Old Dec 6th 2004, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Haroulli
Guys stop fighting! Its actually called "parking" or "gonna reverse it into there" or "do u think that space will fit the car?" or "Don't worry it'll go in"

After the 3 times i've been to the states its apparant that people in SC don't really know how to park so they just make spaces big enough for a Panzer in the hope they wont knock anything down when parking
Somebody I know failed in SC, fortunately the CO test is much less demanding, left and rights and make sure you STOP at the Stop signs.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
Somebody I know failed in SC, fortunately the CO test is much less demanding, left and rights and make sure you STOP at the Stop signs.
The Florida test is done in the backyard/parking lot outside the DL office.

I recall telling a new arrival that you had to be blind/deaf/dumb to fail it.

I wanted to die when she did fail it at her first attempt
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:26 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
You will pass it with both eyes shut, i promise!
I would suggest keeping at least one eye open on the practical test though
Old Dec 9th 2004, 2:49 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Look see
Old Dec 9th 2004, 2:49 am

Look, see! and And here.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road

HEY!! I live in Charleston, SC- call me when you get here! The test I took was so ridiculously easy...the theory test was the same old thing- read the hwy code -but even if you didn't, I can't imagine you would fail- I just walked in one day and took it on a whim. The actual test was funny- she was too busy looking at her nails- I did a 3 point turn on the widest road ever. The hardest thing was parallel parking between the barriers- only because I don't ever have to parallel park around here! I think that there are certain DMVs around Charleston that you have to go to if you're not a permanent resident. You might want to find out which one it is- go to one that's not downtown- driving downtown is a nightmare (as you probably already know). ANYWHERE out of the downtown area is so so easy because the roads are sooo wide and much quieter.

Last edited by smartiegirl88; Dec 9th 2004 at 8:33 pm.