Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

South Carolina to become independent country?

South Carolina to become independent country?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:30 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default South Carolina to become independent country?

Originally Posted by Sarah
Whilst in the hairdressers today getting my hair done, I was flicking through GQ and chatting about the weather - as you do.
Anyway I came across an article in GQ about a Christian group who want to essentially take over South Carolina and separate it from the United States to make it an independant country. Apparently things like the 'War on Christ' the 'promotion of sodomy' and the recent ten commandment in courtrooms debate has sent them over the edge. You can read all about it here
http://christianexodus.org/
On the plus side a lot of these wack jobs seem to be going from Pennsylvania where I live so its a case of "see ya wouldn't wanna be ya!" and the phrase 'Good Riddance' leaps to mind. However my lovely Christian friend who picked me up from the hairdressers shook his head and said 'bunch of wacko's!' when I told him about it letting me breathe a sigh of relief that not all American Christians are fruitcakes.

The scary thing is the plan they have to infiltrate local government, school boards, townships etc and take over the state is actually completely achievable and with the thousands of Chrisitans planning to re-locate to SC by 2006 I find it very, very scary.

Any South Carolina people heard about this?

We live near Charleston, SC ... haven't heard a word about it. You would think South Carolinians would have learned a lesson from the last time they tried to secede.

I can tell you, however, that the Christian Fundamentalists are definitely alive and well around here!!! Take it from me: a "fallen" Southern Baptist. :scared:
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: South Carolina to become independent country?

Apparently things like the 'War on Christ' the 'promotion of sodomy' and the recent ten commandment in courtrooms debate has sent them over the edge.

I would imagine Sodomites are a pain in the arse.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 4:59 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Really? Got a link?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...7&page=3&pp=15
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Found the culprit who leaked, not knowingly of course. Carl Rove.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 4:37 am
Love you Chris!

USAgirl will become famous soon enoughUSAgirl will become famous soon enough

Yes, I have heard about this......for most of my life. Won't EVER happen...although I have to say......Most of the population here in SC would be all for it.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tony126
Found the culprit who leaked, not knowingly of course. Carl Rove.
Are we still talking about sodomites here..??

Ooh, I wish I hadn't have said that...
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:57 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst in the hairdressers today getting my hair done, I was flicking through GQ and chatting about the weather - as you do.
Anyway I came across an article in GQ about a Christian group who want to essentially take over South Carolina and separate it from the United States to make it an independant country. Apparently things like the 'War on Christ' the 'promotion of sodomy' and the recent ten commandment in courtrooms debate has sent them over the edge. You can read all about it here
http://christianexodus.org/
On the plus side a lot of these wack jobs seem to be going from Pennsylvania where I live so its a case of "see ya wouldn't wanna be ya!" and the phrase 'Good Riddance' leaps to mind. However my lovely Christian friend who picked me up from the hairdressers shook his head and said 'bunch of wacko's!' when I told him about it letting me breathe a sigh of relief that not all American Christians are fruitcakes.

The scary thing is the plan they have to infiltrate local government, school boards, townships etc and take over the state is actually completely achievable and with the thousands of Chrisitans planning to re-locate to SC by 2006 I find it very, very scary.

Any South Carolina people heard about this?

Sarah mars is holding the 2016 Olympic games to
Old Jul 24th 2005, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USAgirl
Most of the population here in SC would be all for it.
what, sodomy?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 5:58 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Hasn't Texas been trying this crap for years??

Let the agoraphobics have their country on the condition that it has to be detached from the USA and pushed out to sea.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rincewind
Hasn't Texas been trying this crap for years??

Let the agoraphobics have their country on the condition that it has to be detached from the USA and pushed out to sea.
Was not that the Irish 'solution'? Float it on a billion billion ping pong balls and moor it off the US?
Old Jul 24th 2005, 6:02 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Was not that the Irish 'solution'? Float it on a billion billion ping pong balls and moor it off the US?
To be sure