Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Originally Posted by amt070
I have health insurance over here it is of no use unless your GP's sign you off & they won't because they want the money the gov. gives them to have you on the books!!!!!!!:curse:
Um, it won't impact your GPs budget either way if he signs off on it. He still gets paid for every time he sees you. GPs love private patients because a) they get paid still and b) the private prescriptions & hospital referral bills go to your health ins company instead of his budget.

I worked with several hundred GPs & hospital doctors for 6 years & I know there are some crap ones out there but that statement simply is not true.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:57 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

No it just shows how crap the doctors & health care system are. But I think your head is to far up your but to see that.
Being a yank you should know that its spelt BUTT
Shame on you
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

amt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud of

Thank you for that.I will look into getting it. I know not all brits a rude as I did marry one.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

wow, thanks for that link!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that.I will look into getting it. I know not all brits a rude as I did marry one.
Private clinic ..
http://www.opaldia.com/

Enough people ... It is difficult to get mammograms under 50 yo....
http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/br...een/index.html
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

amt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by loopylorns
Wow you have stayed 6 years but you feel like that about the Uk???

Yes I will agree there are alot of rude and lazy people in the Uk but in contrast there are alot of very false people in the USA only concerned about being bigger and better, normally at the cost of their family.

Health care in the Uk can be hard to work out if you are used to the American system so I understand your frustration but in MHO the Uk private healthcare is far better than the USA one with far less waiting time for appointments, also procedures are done on a needed basis not just to fleece the patient as happens in the USA.

The main point with healthcare anywhere is that if you can pay for it you can get quicker treatment same the world over.

Yes the weather is crap in the Uk compared to here but the freedom of lifestyle outweighs it by far.

Its been quite good weather here since I arrived but every day has been grey to me!

I am going to have to say WOW again, I can not believe you hate it that much but stayed all this time, I hate your country mate and 5 months is long enough for me!
I love my husband so I have stayed for his sake. He has now seen how bad it is over here & he can't wait to get to the US either
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Private clinic ..

I was just seeing that site. Start at 50 years and then every 3.

Seems to be different here...

"The American Cancer Society recommends mammogram screening every year for all women age 40 and older. The National Cancer Institute and the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommend mammogram screening every 1-2 years for women age 40 and older."
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

I have had more than 10 GP's none will sign me off!!!
What a load of trosh!

Doctors do not hold peoples health ransom to get more money for the NHS!

You will most probally see the same consultant weather you go private or not any way. FFS in the Uk if I wanna see a private consultant I phone my doctor and he writes the referal (sp?) without batting an eye lid.

Your comment on wanting the money for the NHS makes no sense, if you use the NHS your taking money away from it! no doctor would prefer you use NHS rather than go private.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an american who has been living in England for 6 years. I think that people over here are to used to getting everything for free! The people in general have been rude & lazy. The country is very pretty but I could live without ever seeing again. I dislike it so much I am moving back to the USA. Can't wait to return & I will never take it for granted again!!! I will have real health care again instead of treatment like something from a 3rd world!!!! If you all dislike the USA so much maybe you should return to your crap weather the UK has to offer!!!!!
I'm just sure the Welcome Wagon Lady isn't going to be knocking at your door anytime soon......
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I love my husband so I have stayed for his sake. He has now seen how bad it is over here & he can't wait to get to the US either
Unfortunately the grass is not always greener ..
Certainly not medical wise ....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:06 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Private clinic ..

Probably not with private insurance and a family history of breast cancer.
I have read stories of 20 year olds with a family history having mastectomies on the NHS so would assume that a screening for a 30 year old with private cover would be a formality.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:07 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by loopylorns
eye lid.
Your comment on wanting the money for the NHS makes no sense, if you use the NHS your taking money away from it! no doctor would prefer you use NHS rather than go private.
The reason given are wrong ..but it is fact ..that mammogram are not readily available to the under 50s ...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:08 pm
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Tracym
I was just seeing that site. Start at 50 years and then every 3.

Seems to be different here...

"The American Cancer Society recommends mammogram screening every year for all women age 40 and older. The National Cancer Institute and the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommend mammogram screening every 1-2 years for women age 40 and older."
It certainly is different here - in the UK screening is available to all over 50 on the NHS. In the US its merely recommended for over 40's - big difference if you ask me.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:09 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an american who has been living in England for 6 years. I think that people over here are to used to getting everything for free! The people in general have been rude & lazy. The country is very pretty but I could live without ever seeing again. I dislike it so much I am moving back to the USA. Can't wait to return & I will never take it for granted again!!! I will have real health care again instead of treatment like something from a 3rd world!!!! If you all dislike the USA so much maybe you should return to your crap weather the UK has to offer!!!!!
Get the hell out of my country you ungrateful whiney yank
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:09 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Probably not with private insurance and a family history of breast cancer.
I have read stories of 20 year olds with a family history having mastectomies on the NHS so would assume that a screening for a 30 year old with private cover would be a formality.
Not as easy as you think ... I have a friend who has real problems with this in the UK ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.