Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:23 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
I have no idea sorry! (football?)
Leeds are 3rd bottom of the Championship (Old Div I , which was the old Div II)
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Leeds are 3rd bottom of the Championship (Old Div I , which was the old Div II)
ffs! day completely ruined now.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:27 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Not that ruined, you got your green card!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wee_Loz
Where about in H-town do you live?
next to memorial park by the arboretum.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deedee13
have you bought that bra yet? come on i need a bit of a laugh...cheer me up with one of your tales
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:33 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
have you bought that bra yet? come on i need a bit of a laugh...cheer me up with one of your tales
I want to hear more of her tales not wearing lower underwear
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

linda and nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amt070
I'm an american who has been living in England for 6 years. I think that people over here are to used to getting everything for free! The people in general have been rude & lazy. The country is very pretty but I could live without ever seeing again. I dislike it so much I am moving back to the USA. Can't wait to return & I will never take it for granted again!!! I will have real health care again instead of treatment like something from a 3rd world!!!! If you all dislike the USA so much maybe you should return to your crap weather the UK has to offer!!!!!
Sorry you see most Brits as rude and lazy. Yes, there are many such people in Britain but also in the US, France, Germany and so on and so on.
Perhaps your experiences in London have clouded your judgement. I personally dislike London (having just come back from a 2 day visit) and found people in the service industry there to be unfriendly but isn't that the way with most big cities?
Before you go back to the States take a trip to Yorkshire, even a big city like Leeds. You will find that a good many of the people in shops, coffee bars and restaurants will give you service with a smile and will love to chat. My daughter now lives and works there and loves the warm and friendly atmosphere.
In your 6 years in Britain have you done much touring?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:40 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linda and nick
Sorry you see most Brits as rude and lazy. Yes, there are many such people in Britain but also in the US, France, Germany and so on and so on.
Perhaps your experiences in London have clouded your judgement. I personally dislike London (having just come back from a 2 day visit) and found people in the service industry there to be unfriendly but isn't that the way with most big cities?
Before you go back to the States take a trip to Yorkshire, even a big city like Leeds. You will find that a good many of the people in shops, coffee bars and restaurants will give you service with a smile and will love to chat. My daughter now lives and works there and loves the warm and friendly atmosphere.
In your 6 years in Britain have you done much touring?
Hello and welcome!!

Just wanted to point out though that in typical BE style we have now moved on to embalming, taxes and underwear...

Last edited by Elvira; Apr 14th 2007 at 5:57 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
And you think it is preferable to spend 90% of healthcare $$$ in the last 10% of life, the way it happens here?

And do tell me about the healthcare YOU are getting here in the US...

spot on elvira
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

linda and nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hello and welcome!!

Just wanted to point out though that in typical BE style we have no moved on to embalming, taxes and underwear...
Yes, I need to wake up! It just happens that yesterday we received our visa from the courier - our interview was on Thursday and so I have spent all day just booking flights, hotels and car hire for a few weeks reccy into Florida before going out as a GC holder in July. Needed a break from everything, clicked onto BE and one of the first things I saw was the OT, so felt I had to reply.
Back to the drawing board for me!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

What a good read for a Saturday on here, makes a change
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

After reading this thread, I now want to kill myself.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
FFS how is that supposed to cheer me up??
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
do ya, I find the most odd things amuse me now day's
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:16 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amt070
My husband leaves for work @5:30am & returns around 8:30am he has very long hours.He also is out of the country a lot. As for his friends they are all single me so a housewife with 3 kids is not to much fun for them.
Sorry that I started such a big fuss for everyone,but some of the comments I saw were what I feel about here & so I was just giving my view on things. It was not meant as a personal dig at anyone.Just a general observation from my time here.
FINALLY I understand why you think all Brits are lazy!

After all, if you only have your husband's example of working 3 hours between 5:30am and 8:30am, it's not surprising that you think we're all a bunch of slackers!

Tell him to pull himself together, work a real workday like the rest of us, and stop giving our nation a bad name!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.