Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

sorry wrong forum

sorry wrong forum

Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Marie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really nice
Default Re: sorry wrong forum

Originally Posted by Boiler
K1 = Fiancee

K3 = Spouse

Just bear in mind that the US is one of the hardest countries to get in.
Yes I know, I live here Im just trying to educate myself and maybe pass on some helpful insight to him. For his US lawyer he has been dealing with and not yet 1 piece of paperwork filed, Im concerned. Supposly now she tells him he needs to talk with someone else, that she wont be able to help him.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:57 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marie723
I am a US citizen, I don't know what his passport has in it? He has been over here several times each year. what does...."leave to remain in the UK" mean ?
No !! I was thinking you may have been living in the UK ..then another method would have been available ..The best bet to avoid a quick marriage is to go for an E-2 visa .. then there is no marriage pressure .. but if you do get that eventually... he can then adjust his status at that time and then get his Green Card.. more info for E-2 here: http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html
Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Marie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boiler
If you are both in UK and get married you can apply for Direct Consular Filing, currently quickest route.
How quick? and like I said, marriage wasn't really where we wanted to go. Not that , that wont be a possiblity someday. Just not today!

My biggest concern is making sure he applys for the correct work visa for his business. Then figuring out once he is here on that, how he stays here.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:00 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know who the UK lawyer is ????
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ray6
No !! I was thinking you may have been living in the UK ..then another method would have been available ..The best bet to avoid a quick marriage is to go for an E-2 visa .. then there is no marriage pressure .. but if you do get that eventually... he can then adjust his status at that time and then get his Green Card.. more info for E-2 here: http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html
Thanks Ray, im looking at the site now
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Do you know who the UK lawyer is ????
Its not a UK lawyer, it's a US lawyer. and he is dealing with her (well was) and a friend of his here was also dealing with the lawyer for him. Dont seem right which is why im asking all these questions
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:15 am
Ray

Its not a UK lawyer, it's a US lawyer. and he is dealing with her (well was) and a friend of his here was also dealing with the lawyer for him. Dont seem right which is why im asking all these questions
Got a name and location ..are they a genuine Immigration lawyer
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Got a name and location ..are they a genuine Immigration lawyer
I can't be sure! I will say, the last site you gave me has probably provided me with the most information yet.

He may want to go for a L1 visa instead, and .....if he sets up his US business and is still running his UK business, he may be able to get a green card through all that. At least , thats what the site is telling me. He would just have to apply for a Green Card as a Multinational Manager. Like I said, I just want to be able to help him along as quickly as possible with the correct information so he can get started.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:28 am
Ray

I can't be sure! I will say, the last site you gave me has probably provided me with the most information yet.

He may want to go for a L1 visa instead, and .....if he sets up his US business and is still running his UK business, he may be able to get a green card through all that. At least , thats what the site is telling me. He would just have to apply for a Green Card as a Multinational Manager. Like I said, I just want to be able to help him along as quickly as possible with the correct information so he can get started.
That can be a good possibility ..its not that easy to get though... and to get the GC from it may take 2-4 years on top..
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:30 am
Ray

That can be a good possibility ..its not that easy to get though... and to get the GC from it may take 2-4 years on top..
There are a few very good US lawyer based in London that he could use
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

There are a few very good US lawyer based in London that he could use
anyone you know of?
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:36 am
Ray

anyone you know of?
http://www.usvisalaw.co.uk/index.htm

Not cheap!! but good never is...
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

http://www.usvisalaw.co.uk/index.htm

Not cheap!! but good never is...

Thanks so much for all your help. I think my eyes are going cross-eyed at all the stuff I have been reading. I will continue to read up on it before I pass the information on. I agree I think. He needs to deal with somene there that can help him through all of this.

Thanks again!!!