Reload this Page >

Songs that remind you of....

Songs that remind you of....

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Songs that remind you of....

....summers past.

When ever I hear Underworld - Born Slippy it reminds me of Summer 1996, I had just finished all my GCSE's had got my results and a ticket to the Reading Festival, met a girlfriend, smoked my first joint and got pretty drunk all summer, great memories....

Anyone else?
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:07 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Nessun Dorma always reminds me of Chris Waddle and Stuart Pearce missing penalties.......Gazza crying......That last minute extra time goal against the Belgians.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:20 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
Nessun Dorma always reminds me of Chris Waddle and Stuart Pearce missing penalties.......Gazza crying......That last minute extra time goal against the Belgians.
That's the one.

I was trying to think of a good one but was struggling, then I read this.
(Should have just posted this in the Footie thread Mattbutt )

But keeping this on topic...
Not summer but a winter one.
I was sent off on assignment to Munich, Germany.
I think I only had a week or two weeks notice and had to drop everything and just go.
Never been to Germany before, didn't speak the language, had no clue how long I was going to be there.

In the first few weeks it was very hard, but nearly everyone spoke English and were very friendly.
On the radio and TV playing all the time was Michael Jackson - Stranger In Moscow. (This was at the time before the baby dangling/child molesting.)

Every time I hear or remember that song I always think of my first time in Munich.

Webbie.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:50 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of 80's songs remind me of summer...summer in the 80's when i was a kid mostly. Stuff like the heat is on and lets hear it for the boy. A winter one would be frankie goes to hollywoods power of love...i think this was a xmas no1
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime.

Summer of '91 - somehow managed to coax my friend's clapped out old VW Beetle to the Lakes District, with a laughable excuse for a tent. Didn't realise in the post A-level fog that it was bank holiday weekend, and monsoon season at that. Four days later, the sun came out, but we were broke after spending all possible hours driving around and sitting in pubs rather than spend time at the cold swamp that was our campsite.

I think the song summed up the trip perfectly!
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

[i]
A winter one would be frankie goes to hollywoods power of love...i think this was a xmas no1
And relax Frankie GTH another memerable one,
Christmas has to be Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen for me.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 3:02 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Prince - When Doves Cry, always reminds me of my saturday job in Woolworths. The manager loved it, so it was played constantly .
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

There's a bunch of songs that usually remind of holidays etc etc...

That "saturday Night de de da de da da da" by Whigfield reminds me of a holiday in Spain (it was played everywhere)

"californication" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers is a constant reminder of a holiday in Vietnam

I have a few from festivals - Namely hearing anything by Tricky reminds me of seeing him at Glastonbury after too much ingestion....
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:59 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

The day we caught the train..................ooooooooh, ooooooooh, laaaaaaa, laaaaaaaaaaaa.............
Old Apr 5th 2004, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Mungo Jerry "In the summertime"
Old Apr 5th 2004, 4:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Theme from a Summer place... by Percy faith and Orchestra

ummm Sorry!!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 6:12 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

1982 - Annie, I'm not your daddy - kid Creole, eye of the tiger - Survivor
1983 - Give it up - KC and the sunshine band, downunder - MAW, Beat it - MJ
1984 - Relax - Frankie, Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
1985 - 1987 Pet shop boys or Bros or Huey Lewis or Aha
1988 - don't turn around - Aswad
1989 - Song for Whoever - Beautiful South, ride on time - Black Box
1990 - World in Motion - New Order
1991 - step on - Happy Mondays, I'm too sexy - right said fred, Set Adrift On Memory Bliss - PM Dawn (Christina applegate, you really turn me on)
1992 - 1994 this is when I was married to my first wife and nothing comes to mind - I think I blotted it all out!
1995 - Here comes the Hotstepper - ini kamoze, Hold my hand - Hootie, - Carnival - Natalie Merchant, Runaround - Blues Traveler, the song from the Guiness Advert that went, durdurdurt, dudu, dudu, du, durdurdurt and the guy danced about a lot.
1996 - the "lager, lager, lager" song, Ocean drive - lighthouse family
1997 - How do I live - Leanne Rimes, Don't speak - No Doubt, You were meant for me - Jewel
1998 - unfortunatley vindaloo, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)green day, Torn - Natalie watserface, Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
1999 - Summer Girls - LFO, Steal my sunshine - Len, kiss me - sixpence non the richer, all star - smashmouth, every morning - sugar ray
2000 - Smooth - Santana, music - Madge, I hope you dance - lee ann womack, Absolutely (Story of a girl) - nine days
2001 - drops of jupitor - train, Californication - red hot chilli peppers, thank you - dido, butterfly - crazytown
2002 - Complicated - Avril Lavigne, Whenever, Wherever - Shakira, Cant get you outta my head - Kylie, A little less conversation - Elvis
2003 - Crazy In Love - Beyonce, Bring Me To Life - Evanescence

Patrick
Old Apr 5th 2004, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Definately 'In the summertime',by Mungo Jerry,'Alright now' by Free, 'Ride a white swan' T-Rex, 'Maggie May' Rod Stewart...stacks more as well but they are the ones that always get me daydreaming about when I used to listen to them on my little tranny!(phew! that was a lonnng time ago!).....Sophia
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
1982 - Annie, I'm not your daddy - kid Creole, eye of the tiger - Survivor
1983 - Give it up - KC and the sunshine band, downunder - MAW, Beat it - MJ
1984 - Relax - Frankie, Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
1985 - 1987 Pet shop boys or Bros or Huey Lewis or Aha
1988 - don't turn around - Aswad
1989 - Song for Whoever - Beautiful South, ride on time - Black Box
1990 - World in Motion - New Order
1991 - step on - Happy Mondays, I'm too sexy - right said fred, Set Adrift On Memory Bliss - PM Dawn (Christina applegate, you really turn me on)
1992 - 1994 this is when I was married to my first wife and nothing comes to mind - I think I blotted it all out!
1995 - Here comes the Hotstepper - ini kamoze, Hold my hand - Hootie, - Carnival - Natalie Merchant, Runaround - Blues Traveler, the song from the Guiness Advert that went, durdurdurt, dudu, dudu, du, durdurdurt and the guy danced about a lot.
1996 - the "lager, lager, lager" song, Ocean drive - lighthouse family
1997 - How do I live - Leanne Rimes, Don't speak - No Doubt, You were meant for me - Jewel
1998 - unfortunatley vindaloo, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)green day, Torn - Natalie watserface, Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
1999 - Summer Girls - LFO, Steal my sunshine - Len, kiss me - sixpence non the richer, all star - smashmouth, every morning - sugar ray
2000 - Smooth - Santana, music - Madge, I hope you dance - lee ann womack, Absolutely (Story of a girl) - nine days
2001 - drops of jupitor - train, Californication - red hot chilli peppers, thank you - dido, butterfly - crazytown
2002 - Complicated - Avril Lavigne, Whenever, Wherever - Shakira, Cant get you outta my head - Kylie, A little less conversation - Elvis
2003 - Crazy In Love - Beyonce, Bring Me To Life - Evanescence

Patrick
A concise list..., you must have very memorable summers. What happened to pre 1982?
Old Apr 6th 2004, 5:52 pm
GJB
dart throwin' doofus

GJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to behold

I think that Guinness song was called something like 'Guagalione' and was by a guy (band?) called Perez Prado. I think I have it somewhere.

1996 was also the summer of Baddiel & Skinner "Three Lions"...

Best
GJB